The Professional Services Engagement Manager will be responsible for ensuring the successful implementation of the Workday solution for Fortune 500 clients. The Engagement Manager will drive the client implementation and will be involved in the development of several key project deliverables (e.g., charter, project/staffing plan, issue logs, etc.) and work with the Client project manager to resolve issues that stand in the way of project success. The Engagement Manager will also be responsible for managing to the agreed to budget and delivering the project profitably.
- Become an expert in Workday's Implementation Methodology and leverage it on all engagements.
- Manage the implementation of 1 - 2 simultaneous projects.
- Demonstrate competency in the Workday product suite - HCM, Payroll, and/or Financials.
- Participate in the sales cycle when requested to gather requirements, formulate delivery approach and develop a proposal/SOW.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to those Professional Service resources working on their implementations.
- Ensure projects are properly planned and staffed.
- Work with the client project manager to identify/resolve all issues that could impact project scope and/or time frames.
- Work with Delivery Assurance to ensure compliance with agreed to checkpoints.
- Present at Executive Steering Committee meetings.
- Ensure the client takes advantage of Workday best practices.
- Be a liaison for professional services when interacting with sales and/or development.
- Identify opportunities to position other service offerings.
- Ensure the client can serve as a reference upon completing their implementation.
- Assist in the transition of the customer from professional services to product support.
- Ensure the project is delivered within the budget outlined in the SOW.
- Present client with change orders in the event they're asking Workday to perform tasks that are outside the scope of the SOW.
- 5+ years experience project managing HCM, payroll or financial implementations within large Enterprise or Fortune 500 Clients.
- Consulting experience either as an internal consultant or with a consulting/software company.
- Experience implementing Workday, Oracle, SAP, PeopleSoft or similar application.
- Working knowledge with at least one of the following business areas: Human Resources, Benefits, Payroll, General Ledger, Accounts Payable/Receivable, Services procurement.
- Excellent organization, time management, and communication skills.
- Passion for customer service.
- Business development skills.
- Knowledge of Internet technology.
- Previous experience with a major systems integrator and/or an enterprise software company a plus.
- Previous service salesexperience a plus. Successful candidates have a balance of functional (business) and technical experience.
- Ability to travel up to 50%