Under moderate supervision, this position is responsible for preparing engineering calculations, P&ID's equipment procurement specifications, sequence of operations documents and system
Additional responsibilities will include the following:
- Specify instruments and controls.
- Perform equipment selection. Review and approve proposals for the supply of equipment.
- Review and approve technical submittals from suppliers.
- Review construction drawings and resolve installation issues with Construction Engineering.
- Interface with HVAC designers in the Plant Design Group for the preparation of HVAC equipment and duct layout and detail drawings.
- Interface with equipment manufacturers as appropriate.
- Interface with other discipline engineers and duct, piping, and equipment installation contractors.
- Interface with the NRC and NNSA to resolve safety and design issues and make presentations to them.
AREVA supports a safety conscious work environment and nuclear safety culture by aggressively promoting the identification and correction of safety issues and fostering a conservative decision making environment that drives nuclear safety.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering/Engineering Technology, plus a minimum of 7 to 10 years of directly related technical experience.
Experience in interpreting engineering codes, and construction standards, techniques and criteria.
Experience in utilizing CAD/3D software programs.
Demonstrated skill in conducting research, investigation and problem solving.
Strong communication skills including the ability to comprehend and convey detailed technical data.
Proficiency and extensive experience in the use of AFT Arrow software.
Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
Possesses comprehensive knowledge of related engineering standards, techniques and criteria.
Demonstrated good leadership qualities.
Ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and management.
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position.
- Three or more years of experience in a nuclear construction or maintenance environment including the DOE Complex, Nuclear Power Generating Facilities, or the Nuclear Navy.
- PE License
- Proficiency and extensive experience in the use of Carrier Hourly Analysis Program software.
We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, and flexible work options, as well as a uniquely diverse and unified team of professionals. Our culture supports an environment where employees can continuously learn and gain professional growth through education, exciting projects and career mobility. AREVA recognizes your achievements and excellent performance through various performance incentive, recognition and reward programs. Our commitment is to you, the employee. Come work in an environment that is driven by integrity, innovation and visionary thinking. Join AREVA today, revolutionize the energy industry and energize your future!
AREVA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.