About This Position
The AgriEdge Specialist is responsible for marketing and selling Syngenta’s AgriEdge™* programs to growers who are looking to take their farming operation to the next level with technology-enabled farm management solutions. Our ideal candidate excels at establishing valued partnerships with progressive growers that are based on an in-depth understanding of their current and aspirational farm business, strong agronomic knowledge and a solid understanding of our product portfolio.
Although the majority of your day to day responsibilities will require that you are a self starter and can workautonomously, you will be an integral member of a District Sales team as the subject matter expert on our AgriEdge tools and offers. You will also be an active participant on the broader AgriEdge team which spans all commercial units, where you will collectively strategize ways to leverage our AgriEdge program and associated offers, and help the team stay current on trends in digital farming.
• Serve as AgriEdge business expert within assigned geography
• Provide training, business planning, and technical support to enrolled growers, channel partners and key internal stakeholders on all AgriEdge Programs and offers
• Identify additional opportunities to grow revenue and share in crop markets
• In partnership with the AgriEdge community at Syngenta, develop unique offers to leverage AgriEdge brand solutions within the broader product portfolio
• Regularly collect and report market intelligence and relevant value chain insights; articulate new and innovative ideas and strategy recommendations based on grower needs
• Analyze program data, develop value propositions, and manage exposure of risk management program
• Work in collaboration with district sales team to achieve district(s) sales goals and the seeds sales teams toleverage whole farm solutions across the portfolio
• Provide key stakeholders with accurate forecasting for AgriEdge customers within territory.
• Manage operational budget, variable selling expenses, and marketing funds within district guidelines.
Knowledge, experience & capabilities
Essential Knowledge and Experience
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in agricultural-related field
• 5+ years experience in a sales or grower facing role
• Aptitude for information technology (both hardware and software)
• Knowledge of Syngenta’s product portfolio across seeds, crop protection and Seedcare and of corresponding crop markets
• Agronomic knowledge of the crops grown within the district
• Understanding of market dynamics within the district (Growers, Distributors, Retailers, Competitors)
Our ideal candidate:
• Genuinely enjoys working with farmers and is able to build trusted relationships with their customers
• Is passionate about technology enabled farm management solutions
• Works effectively independently and within a team setting
• Demonstrates excellent sales and negotiation skills
• Exhibits patience and diplomacy and enjoys helping, teaching and leading others
• Understands the complexities of farming and can identify a grower’s challenges and opportunities
• Has exceptional time and priority management skills and is able to work in a self-managed way
• Travel Requirements – 40-50%
• All applicants must have a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
• All applicants must be eligible to work in the US without visa support