The Hutson Customer Account Manager-Small Ag and Turf will be the interface between the company and the end-user in qualifying, equipment selection, document completion and follow-up of each sale. The successful Hutson Customer Account Manager-Small Ag and Turf will have a demonstrated ability to learn about equipment features, operation, incentive programs and finance options and convey this expertise clearly to our customer. The successful candidate must be able to follow company guidelines in regard to necessary document preparation and submittall accurately and in a timely manner. The Hutson Customer Account Manager-Small Ag and Turf is directly responsible for providing our customer the very best customer experience, in accordance with the Hutson tradition of continuous improvement.
• Manages key customer account relationships to provide a differentiated customer experience.
• Be able to discuss and demonstrate the represented equipment in a knowledgeable manner.
• Understand and execute required actions to achieve company goals.
• Read and understand programs and incentives.
• Identify potential Hutson customers using available prospecting tools and Customer Resource Management (CRM) system.
• Greet and build rapport with Hutson customers in a retail store or field environment.
• Enter customer info into CRM system per company guidelines.
• Ask qualifying questions to determine status as buyer/decision maker.
• Assist Hutson customers in selecting the proper equipment through discussion or demonstration.
• Complete necessary documentation for sale, financing and delivery.
• Go over operation and maintenance of machine with customer.
• Follow up with customer after the sale to assure satisfactory experience.
• Stay current with training requirements.
• Proactively assesses, clarifies, validates and communicates key customer account needs on an ongoing basis.
• Provides value to key customer accounts by developing solutions that save time, reduce risk and increase profits.
• Assist with preparation and execution of company events such as trade shows, fairs, field days etc. as required.
Experience, Education, & Skills:
• 5 or more years of equipment sales experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, finance/accounting, or agriculture-related discipline or equivalent work experience.
• Extensive knowledge of John Deere and competitive equipment as well as technology trends/advancements preferred.
• Business, financial and logistical management knowledge.
• Effective listening skills will be essential when working with clients.
• Knowledge of relevant agronomic practices and trends.
• Knowledge of key customer account agronomic operations.
• Ability to use software applications such as Microsoft Office and internet functions.
• Ability to work flexible hours.
• Excellent customer relationship skills with current and future decision makers.
• Ability to persuade and negotiate customers to make the best possible decision.