Director, Group Compliance
11 - 15 years experience • Insurance
Reference #: 0655
Description of duties & responsibilities: As part of the Product Team, this position drives and executes product initiatives for the Group division. This position is responsible for ensuring regulatory compliance for Security Mutual Life group insurance products and administration.
- Using individual discretion and judgment, steers function resources and provides consulting to accomplish Company objectives as generally directed by the managing Officer. Has overall responsibility for day-to-day operations of the function. Provides input on project selection and staff resources commitment and makes adjustment through the course of project oversight. Actively manages workload through staff. Provides training and coaching to function on workload prioritization, goals, performance, employee relations, management training, and employment decisions (e.g., recruitment, terminations, promotions and salary administration). Provides support for management and, using discretion and judgment act as a functional backup as needed.
- Interpret and analyze laws and regulations to create and maintain policy language and policy forms; file with state insurance departments. Interface with various internal and external stakeholders to complete the filing.
- Complete the final review of department and consultant filings for completion and accuracy before submission.
- Respond to State and internal inquiries and requests.
- Advise management on best practices for complying with new and existing laws and regulations.
- Prepare and maintain policies and procedures as they relate to job responsibilities and department needs.
- Manage projects and serve on Company committees as they relate to job responsibilities.
- Educate personnel on state-specific contract requirements to ensure proper version administration.
- Partner with the Marketing department to develop promotional sales materials.
- Assist the Claims department with questions regarding group products.
Required skills & experience:
- Minimum of 10 years related experience (e.g., filing group insurance projects for compliance with state insurance departments and/or experience in technical contract review and drafting)
- Management/Leadership experience
- Experience in identifying customer needs and developing responsive solutions
- LOMA, American College, or other insurance industry courses preferred
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and organize a heavy workload
Education Required: Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field of study. Graduate degree is preferred.
- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position
- Security Mutual is an Equal Opportunity Employer