Engineer - FAB ( Merit Sensors )
Job Description This position is for a Wafer Fab Engineer at Merit Sensor Systems. Merit Sensor Systems is a manufacturer of piezoresistive pressure sensors
Performs intensive and diversified technical work such as the design, manufacture and operation of structures, machines and systems while completing projects in broad areas of assignment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED
* Makes decisions on technical problems and methods which require the use of advanced techniques and the modification and extension of theories, precepts, and practices of the field and related sciences and disciplines.
* Receives supervision and guidance relating only to overall objectives, new concepts, and policy matters, while supervisor is consulted only concerning unusual problems and developments.
* May supervise the work of technicians or others who assist in specific assignments and work jointly with other engineers.
* Works on special projects, writes ECN's, and creates prototypes.
* Performs other related duties and tasks as required.
SUMMARY OF MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
* Educational experience equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or technical field related to the department of assignment or industry with six years previous related experience, a Master's Degree with four years previous related experience, or a Ph.D with two years previous related experience. A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree is required for this position.
* Ability to independently apply analytical skills and scientific technical principles in problem solving and development.
* Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs
* Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to work effectively as a team member.
* Working knowledge of United States and international standards as applicable to the department.
* Scientific problem solving/decision making
* Technician supervision
* Special projects/ECN's/prototype creation
Merit Medical Systems, Inc., an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, is a dynamic, progressive and innovative company with a strong global presence. Our culture is highly energetic, family friendly, values its employees, and promotes them as standard business practice.
COMPANY HISTORY Merit Medical Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ, MMSI) was founded in 1987 by Fred P. Lampropoulos. Merit develops, manufactures and markets single-use medical devices primarily for diagnosing and treating cardiovascular and vascular disease. Merit has been successful in introducing and marketing innovative, high-quality products through its expertise in new product design and its capabilities in injection and insert molding of plastics; the application of its proprietary electronic and sensor-based technologies; and wire, extrusion and catheter technologies.
The Company is utilizing its competitive advantages and technologies to develop and offer products that address a wide range of needs related to cardiology and radiology procedures performed in hospitals. Sales are made primarily to U.S. hospitals through a direct sales force. The Company markets its products in over 60 countries worldwide, utilizing a direct sales force in Europe, and distributors for the remainder of the world.