Senior Product Manager
Responsible for driving the vision and strategy for a specific product(s) or solution line(s). This includes product lifecycle management which spans a range of strategic and tactical responsibilities that evolve as a product matures. At various levels, the product manager must be able to understand and represent the voice of the market to various stakeholders and drive decisions, strategies, and lead based on this knowledge.
A product manager must also have the core competence to understand the impact decisions have on the operational and financial metrics of the business. Additionally, this role must be able to coordinate and collaborate across the business unit to drive holistic solutions (services, support). Must be able to influence other departments in a productive, cohesive manner.
These functions span a range of strategic and tactical capabilities that are not needed by all products at all times, but a product manager needs to be competent in each of these areas and will likely excel in several. The need to apply various combinations of these capabilities will largely be determined by the stage of a product in its lifecycle.
- Market – understand market problems and your organizations unique ability to address them.
- Market Problems
- Win/Loss Analysis
- Distinctive Competence
- Competitive Landscape
- Technology Assessment
- Focus – filter opportunities and focus on those with the greatest potential for your organization.
- Market Definition
- Distribution Strategy
- Product Portfolio
- Product Roadmap
- Business – formalize your product plans to deliver profitable solutions for market problems.
- Business Plan
- Buy, Build or Partner
- Product Profitability
- Planning – connect yourbusiness planswith the organizations that develop, promote and deliver solutions to the market
- Buying Process
- Buyer Personas
- User Personas
- Use Scenarios
- Launch Plans
- Development – drive solution creation that solves market problems in a manner that is acceptable to the market.
o APO Supervision - Direct supervisory responsibility for Agile Product owners including mentoring and guiding them in their responsibilities as product owners to your teams.
§ Negotiate resource assignments for your direct reports and a cross functional matrix organization
· Direct Product Development
o End-to-end ownership to drive release program direction and execution through direction of core team
o Responsible for all major release/program decisions to ensure end-to-end success (e.g.,schedule, product features, testing levels, market launch)
o Drives successful completion of projects, owning customer acceptance of final product release
o Initiates interim review if exceeding variance or tolerance limits
o Make trade-off decisions and resolve issues
- Strong understanding of customer workflows and information needs to deliver releases with high impact to revenue and income goals
- Able to supervise mentor and guide supporting team members.
- Demonstrated strong understanding of company business to determine and deliver products and releases with high impact to revenue and income goals.
- Strong communication and leadership skills essential for delivering results and driving success in a matrix organization.
- Works well with downstream teams and customers to understand and appropriately respond to market and business needs
- Ability to interface effectively and collaborate with peers
- Ability to handle multiple projects at a time and effectively prioritize to achieve optimal results
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills, ability to accurately analyze information and make sound decisions
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and accountability for achieving results
- A self-starter who is able to work independently
Required Knowledge and Skills:
· Good management, communication and analytical skills and thorough knowledge of company's products.
· Competencies ( i.e. motivation, vision, initiative, decision-making, integrity)
- Ability to influence and gain acceptance from members of cross-functional teams.
- Ability to communicate effectively with cross-functional product or solution line teams and up to the executive level.
- Ability to communicate effectively with external clients up to the C-suite which may include making presentations.
- Bachelors Degree in Healthcare, Business, IT or related field or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- 5+ years of experience in a product management role
- 2 + years of experience developing products within the healthcare or software industry
- Masters degree in Healthcare, Business, IT or related field
- 8+ years of experience in a product management role
- 3 + years of experience developing products within the healthcare or software industry
- Understanding of Agile product development process
- Environment and Physical (i.e. standing for long periods of time, extensive travel, working alone, constant deadlines, extended or irregular work hours)
- Office environment. 25-40% travel