Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Bendix Spicer Foundation Brake, LLC is looking for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to provide technical support to assigned areas of the plant in assessment, implementation and maintenance. Assist in formal problem solving activities. Facilitate continuous improvement with tooling design and implementation. Ensure quality of products through engineering and statistical practices to maintain and improve manufacturing process controls. Must be able to work with all plant disciplines, customers and suppliers. Individual needs to be self-motivated, aggressive and able to work well with others.
We offer a competitive benefits package on the 1st day of employment. Our Engineers provide support to a clean and air-conditioned production floor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as a technical leader and supports operations management in all areas.
- Plans Preventative and Autonomous Maintenance schedule for all manufacturing processes.
- Is responsible for new product launches; concept development to start of production.
- Develops, maintains, and improves documents in accordance with ISO14001 and TS16949 standards.
- Collaborates with suppliers on quoting process description, cost, and lead times.
- Works with hourly team members, quality engineers, HSE, and operations to improve, safety, quality, productivity, and reduce scrap.
- Develops, maintains, and presents performance reports as needed.
- Assists maintenance with troubleshooting process and machine downtime issues.
- Is responsible for process flow diagrams, PFMEA’s, assisting VSM, cycle times, and control plans.
- Monitors and implements procedures, work instructions and first piece prints for manufacturing areas.
- Designs, refines and improves plant equipment / processes.
- Serves as a leader and mentor regarding safety policies and procedures. Operates all machinery, tools, and equipment in accordance with company safety policies.
- Participates and leads corrective actions on customer complaints as needed.
- Interfaces with suppliers to coordinate action on failure issues on parts and services.
- Weekend and off shift hour support could be required based on business needs.
- Performs other duties as requested, directed, or assigned
- Bachelordegree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related field is required.
- Strong Problem solving skills required.
- Must be able to interpret electrical and mechanical schematics.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite is required. Statistical evaluation software familiarity a plus.
- Proficient in 3D or 2D CAD Software
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Knowledge of SPC, GD&T, Lean Manufacturing and Green Belt preferred
- Requires at least 5 years of engineeringexperience in a fast paced, continuous improvement, production environment.
- Requires experience with control systems design, specification, documentation, programming, troubleshooting, testing, and installation for automations and manufacturing equipment.
- Experience using software driven controls: Programmable Logic Controllers, Allen Bradley RS Logix 5000, Siemens Step 7, Robotics (Fanuc), Vision Systems (Cognex), and process control systems including torque, position, and force control preferred.
- Experience with PPAP, APQP, PFMEA, and Control Plans is preferred