- BSN required; MSN preferred
- 7+ years of nursing, clinical educator, or nursing instructor experience required; a Master's Degree in Nursing may be substituted for 2 years of required experience
- 3+ years’ experience in case management or utilization management
- 3+ years’ experience delivering instructor-led training in a corporate environment. Prefer health insurance or hospital/care system background experience. Will consider clinical and healthcare industry experience in lieu of a professional training background when circumstances warrant.
Specific Types of Experience Required:
The Clinical Trainer must have experience and a strong understanding of case management and utilization management clinical and operational functions within a hospital or health plan to be successful in this role. This position requires the ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously, while working across Health Management and the organization to define and manage clinical staff development plans. This role requires experience working with leadership; specifically, s/he will work closely with Health Management Directors, Physicians and Managers.
Prefer experience with conducting needs assessments, instructional design, curriculum authoring and evaluating training results through a variety of tools and methods required. Experience with authoring e-learning a plus. Certifications in training curriculum or instruments a plus.
Knowledge and experience with application of evidence based clinical guidelines; MCG preferred (or other evidence-based clinical guidelines)
Current unrestricted RN license in MN required
Skills and Abilities:
- Explores and utilizes a variety of learning tools to assist staff with clinical educational needs
- Participates in Health Services leadership activities, as requested
- General working knowledge of how various health care services link together (the health care continuum)
- Accomplished in communication with physicians and health care providers.
- Excellent internal and external customer service skills, strong decision making skills
- Ability to think creatively and be comfortable negotiating and accessing resources
- Ability to have positive impact on team by modeling and supporting change
- Understand, articulate and support the organization’s mission, vision, goals and strategy
- Work efficiently towards department benchmarks
- Ability to understand and incorporate adult learning theory into classroom instruction.
- Excellent verbal and written skills and the ability to present in a group setting; possesses ability to project a dynamic and engaging classroom presence
- Experience managing multiple computer systems and tools
- Ability to work positively in a fluid, ever-changing environment
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced setting and make decisions under stress and manage multiple complex issues on a daily basis
- Professional demeanor
- Provides summary of accomplishments annually to Health Services leadership
- Effective in providing performance feedback to staff during orientation
- Effectively tracks and manages new employees
- Coordinates and facilities Clinical Rounding
- Provides monthly updates to Senior Director of Clinical Operations
- Ability to develop and effectively use training curriculum materials, including participant manuals, written exercises, roleplays and other experiential exercises, etc. to establish and reinforce learning.
- Ability to effectively organize and deliver training interventions. This includes skills in verbal delivery (lecture), anecdotes and examples, open questioning and discussion facilitation, presentation and processing of exercises and games, use of case studies, props and demonstration, reinforcement through planned repetition and ability to gauge and respond to differing learning styles and paces.
- Effective design and use of ongoing learning tools to reinforce training, such as job aids, simulations exercises, apprenticeship and refresher workshops.