TITLE: Launch Manager
NATURE OF WORK: The Launch Manager coordinates and manages plant wide operation readiness and product launch activities. Incumbents in this classification are responsible for all aspects of new product development involving conceptualization, concurrent engineering development, production and process implementation, and post-launch support in a cross-functional team environment.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED (The following duties are typical for this classification. However, any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the examples cover all of the duties which may be performed.)
- Tracks the customer's requirements from the AQP (Advanced Quality Planning) stage through the final PPAP (Product Part Approval Process) approval.
- Works closely with Engineering, Quality Control, and Production to resolve any internal, supplier, or customer driven issues or questions in a timely manner.
- Manages project from start to finish ensuring a very timely delivery to include the development of tooling, bills-of-material, and work instructions as well as any quality related documentation needed by the customer.
- Partners with Lear Montgomery’s cross functional teams to define the appropriate product and customer requirements.
- Provides oversight for all aspects of the launch including operations, development, and product and project management.
- Establishes systems and schedules for all launch activities.
- Develops material for multiple product launches including press releases, launch materials, customer presentations, videos, and training materials.
- Develops and oversees launch product plans, risk mitigation plans, communication plans, resource requirements, project costs, and all other project related documentation.
- Supervises the day-to-day management of all phases of the launch including requirements gathering, design, development, test, and implementation.
- Develops and/or reviews the estimates and assumptions for the project’s schedule, effort, and cost using established estimating models, best practices, and past experience.
- Manages the completion of deliverables as required; coordinates all project activities with appropriate others.
- Provides post launch support for technical infrastructure and cross functional teams.
- Communicates frequently with senior management to provide project risk analysis, status, and analysis of requirements that might impact strategic direction.
- Collaborates with teams to identify and document detailed requirements, process flows, and data sources.
- Reviews and oversees all changes to the requirements through a formally defined scope change process.
- Measures and monitors progress at clearly defined points in the process to ensure that the project is delivered on time, within budget, and that it meets or exceeds expectations, customer requirements and schedule, budget, and quality.
- Develops project plans taking into account all aspects of product launch including but not limited to marketing programs, software readiness, sales preparation and training, customer support readiness.
- Manages and resolves issues across multiple teams, countries, and plants as well to ensure timeliness and success of product launches
- Champions issue resolution meetings to promote on-time delivery of solutions.
- Works with Product Managers to determine success criteria for product launches and tracks critical metrics.
- Recommends process improvements to ensure successful product launches
- Coordinates all aspects of the business relating to the product line by acting as a liaison to Finance, Engineering, Manufacturing, and Sales.
- Assures timely and effective product delivery by proposing and monitoring product progress through contributing organizations and functions in order to monitor costs, curtail delay and correct any in- process issues.
- Ensures product readiness with customer by attaining launch gateway sign off at each phase.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Knowledge in manufacturing problem solving and processes required.
- Knowledge of QS-9000/TS16949 requirements including APQP and PPAP required.
- Knowledge of seating systems; lean manufacturing techniques, and just in time environments.
- Knowledge of process efficiency as needed to make observations and take measurements directly, as well as collecting and interpreting data from the other technical and operating staff involved;
- Knowledge of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) as needed to ensure that all aspects of an operation or process meet specified regulations;
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with abstract and/or concrete variables.
- Ability to build a rapport with other departments as needed to work collaboratively with those responsible for the quality control of raw material, plant product specifications and production schedules; and the operating crew.
- Physical Ability to walk, stand, and sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Physical Ability to frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, reach, twist, grasp, and make repetitive hand movements.
- Physical Ability to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight up to 40 lbs.
- Must be willing to work extended periods of time or varying shift hours.
- Must be able to work in inclement weather conditions.
Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in ME, or AE from four-year college or university and five years of manufacturing experience.
Tracking Code 258433