- Coordinate, and draft agreements, contracts, real estate leases and other related documents. Coordinate the gathering of information from various departments in the preparation of contracts and other related documents; ensure that contracts contain all required information and are in a format required by current law and practice.
- Perform cursory legal and business review of documents.
- Coordinate final legal review of documents with UnityPoint Health law department and other appropriate individuals.
- Maintain the electronic contract compliance database. Responsible for completeness and accuracy of the database, ensuring that all contracts are scanned, evaluated and abstracted for pertinent data elements to permit data mining and reporting. Serve as local administrator of database and provide training to otherinternal users as needed.
- Monitor database and work with the responsible parties in advance of contract expiration dates for timely notice provisions and to assure all updates are included in the current version.
- Annually review agreements, and contracts, and leases for compliance with terms and for regulatory changes.
- Coordinate and ensure that comparable compensation data and certifications are completed for all contracts, as applicable.
- Maintain an efficient and effective confidential filing system for contract-related correspondence.
- Handle and maintain highly confidential matters and information.
- Prepare and present to the UPC Management Team review of contractual issues and other related documents.
- Responsible for creating a culture of innovation, learning, teamwork and professionalism, consistent with the mission, vision and values of the organization.
- Establish effective mechanisms of communication with staff and the management team to foster an environment of openness, trust, teamwork and staff development.
- Participate in establishing and preparing departmental goals, standards, procedures, and instructions, which contribute to the effectiveness of the department in accordance with organizational goals.
- Assure compliance with federal, state, and local laws or regulations. Effectively prepare and comply with voluntary accreditation as accepted by the healthcare organizations we serve.
- Be aware of what is happening in department and the organization by attending department meetings, reading emails and regularly checking information on the organization’s intranet site.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work.
- Maintain compliance with Personnel policies and procedures.
- Behave in a manner consistent with all Compliance and HIPAA policies and procedures.
- Maintain compliance with CLIA, OSHA, Safety and Risk Management guidelines
- Monitor environmental conditions in order to secure protected health information.
- Demonstrate initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
- Balance team and individual responsibilities; be open and objective to other’s views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to positive team goals; and put the success of the team above own interests.
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor to facilitate the smooth and effective operations of the department.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, health administration or related field, or equivalent work experiencerequired.
- Master’s degree in law, health administration or related field preferred.
- Paralegal and/or contractexperience and education.
- Minimum of three years direct experience working with legal agreements, contracts, and real estate leases preferred.
- Knowledge of general legal terminology and legal principles.
- Ability to interpret and apply regulatory requirements and legal terminology.
- Strong computer skills and advanced experience with Microsoft Office Products. Ability to quickly learn to use and manage on-line applications.
- Exceptional ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing, in English. Proficient in proper grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Ability to travel within and outside of the state as required.
- Ability to work evenings & weekends, when necessary.
- Ability to work as a team member, creating and maintaining effective working relationships.
- General knowledge of health care business functions.
Requisition ID 2017-37492