Transforming ideas into reality since 1958, GAI is an employee-owned engineering and environmental consulting firm. We provide local expertise to worldwide clients in the energy, transportation, development, government, and industrial markets. We believe in community involvement and are committed to corporate responsibility including recycling and eco-friendly practices. GAI is seeking a structured bridge engineer for design of bridge replacements and rehabilitations for Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) and county projects. This is a full time position in Indianapolis or Fort Wayne, IN.
Primary duties include the technical execution of engineering projects, participation in project pursuits, management of technical protects, and mentorship and development of junior staff. A successful candidate will independently perform and guide others on the completion of structural calculations and plan development. Experience in Microsoft Office, Microstation, MIDAS Civil, STAAD, and other industry accepted structural engineering software along with the aforementioned agency design standards preferred.
Excellent salary and bonus potential
Excellent Paid Time Off allowance
ESOP – GAI is employee owned
Competitive health and dental insurance premiums
Flexibility in work hours
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design of transportation structures, including bridges, sign and traffic signal structures, drainage structures, and retaining walls.
- Coordination and/or preparation of construction plans and details for transportation structures.
- Leading a project team of junior engineers and technicians.
- QC review of design calculations and/or plans prepared by others.
- Preparation of fee proposals and scopes of work.
- Preparation and/or review of shop drawing submittals.
- Site visits and field reviews.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited engineering college or university with a focus on structural engineering.
- Professional Engineering Certification (PE).
- Six to 12 years’ experience in transportation structures design.
- Pre-stressed concrete, reinforced concrete and steel design knowledge.
- Experience with INDOT standard design practice for bridges and other transportation structures is required.
- Experience and training in bridge inspection is a plus.
- Experience with MicroStation, CAD software is a plus.
- Detail oriented, conscientious, self-motivated.
- Able to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Excellent communication skills.