Ultimately, this person is responsible for delivering ethically and with integrity on one metric - sales/orders for the weapons portfolio. Therefore, this individual will be a teammate and provide expertise in both the design and execution of business development and capture campaign efforts. This individual will also support program managers and development teams on mission requirements, configuration and will assist in selecting the supplier base to support Boeing programs. This individual will contribute on matters related to the U.S. military programs of record and International opportunities. This individual will routinely interface with a diverse and geographically dispersed team while building and leveraging close working relationships with the Boeing Government Relations office, Field Offices, International GSM, and Program Teams. This individual will be responsible for participating in the development and execution of the strategy, opportunity pipeline, new business funding requirements and budgeting, and action plans for successfully protecting and growing the business. The candidate will lead captures and pursuits of new franchises in the Directed Energy and Weapons market area.
Include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Delivering orders for good business.
- Obtaining and maintaining complete customer understanding through market assessments and engagements.
- Advocating the customer requirements and selling the business case to management. Balances the enterprise, business unit and customer goals to meet and drive Long Range Business Plan (LRBP).
- Leads negotiations and finalizes commitments, ensuring mutual benefit to the customer and Boeing by interfacing directly with customer decision-makers and influencers.
- Leverages detailed understanding of both customer and Boeing needs and resources to find areas of alignment and integration.
- Obtains commitment within parameters approved by management.
- Drives sales and campaign activities to successful completion by integrating multiple aspects of the customers’ needs.
- Crafts campaign specific strategies, procures resources and secures management commitment to ensure successful execution.
- Creates metrics to monitor campaign project status and budget requirements.
- Leverages company resources to support customer commitments, gain a competitive advantage and foster business growth by using a comprehensive understanding (breadth and depth) of multiple Boeing products and services, process and operations and resources. Integrates knowledge into business strategies and solutions.
- Researches, reviews and analyzes information about competitors' products and services to develop a comprehensive understanding (breadth and depth) of specific competitor activities and their impact on company strategy to improve our competitive position.
- Verifies, evaluates and applies detailed customer knowledge to advance campaign activity, support the long range business plan and contribute to strategy development (e.g., market, customer, and campaign).
- Establishes a broad network of contacts and knowledge base to act as a broker of knowledge to multiple customer needs.
- Provides guidance to more junior employees regarding capturing and documenting detailed customer knowledge and assists in network development.
- Initiates and advances customer relationships and works to be accepted as a trusted business partner by the customer.
- Establishes, maintains and expands network to address customer needs and keep lines of communication open.
- Develops customer solutions by coordinating and integrating with internal and external processes and divisions to provide a competitive advantage and to foster business growth with acceptable margins.
- Coordinates packaging of Boeing and Industry products and knowledge into complete solutions that meets customer needs.
- Leads review process with management by balancing customer expectations and Boeing resources.
- Aligns third party deliverables.
- Maintains and advances customer relationships to proactively address future needs.
- Identifies future business opportunities and promotes the value of Boeing portfolio and partnership.
- Provides networking capabilities to address needs beyond Boeing’s resources and offerings.
- Takes consultative approach to help customers achieve objectives.
- Leads preparation of proposals by developing themes and discriminators and ensures correct members and resources are included in the team.
- Develops strategy and tactics using in-depth knowledge of customer needs, Boeing products and services and competitive environment to foster business growth with acceptable margins.
- Ensures strategic alignment with the customer, Long Range Business Plan and regional and country objectives.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Global Sales & Marketing
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
Technical bachelor's degree and typically 14 or more years' related work experience or a Master's degree with typically 12 or more years' or a PhD degree with typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
Job ID 1700021390