The Springfield, MO office has a great opportunity for a person to come and lead the environmental department. This is an enthusiastic group that really enjoys working together.
The group assists local, regional, and national clients on a wide spectrum of projects.
You will be supported by the resources of an ENR top 30 engineering firm, and have the opportunity to lead and grow an established environmental consulting practice that has been around for 10 years.
On a day to day basis, you will also supervise or monitor all projects in progress in the department to ensure that work is executed on time and in accordance with the client’s requirements and within company policies, procedures and standards.
Supervise the preparation of proposals and cost estimates to clients to ensure proper scoping of services, availability of manpower and pricing to achieve desired profitability.
Supervise the daily operations of a department including staff training, development, and performance review, utilization of equipment and facilities, safety oversight, quality of services and work product, timely delivery of services and deliverables, and adherence to policies and procedure.
Plan for and participate in business development activities to identify, develop, win, and execute project opportunities and build and maintain client relationships.
Essential Role and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for preparation of proposals and cost estimates with varying degrees of complexity.
- Directs the short-range business development activities of all department personnel to ensure that adequate fees are available to support the manpower on the payroll.
- Plan for and execute the recruitment, selection, training, mentoring, and development of all employees in the department.
- Prepare and execute the department annual business plan.
- Oversee and manage the success of the key department metrics of revenue growth, staff chargeability, project billing and collections, and project profitability.
- Develop understanding and be aware of project-related risk. Be familiar with what could go wrong on a project and how to protect the Company. Be familiar with company risk policies.
- Lead safety efforts for team and ensure team follows safety rules and guidelines. Responsible for creating and modeling a safe work environment; demonstrates safety practices. Promote pre-task planning for all projects.
- Promote continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects. Monitor quality standards and practices. Engage APRs on projects at their onset.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Science or Geology and 8years’ practice experience.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Certification or licensure in field of expertise.