About this role:
We are looking for people who exemplify our values of: Follow-through, Data-driven Decision-making, Proactive Problem-Solving, Open Communication, and Teamwork.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
The Center Director serves as the educational lead for one or more centers in the Head Start program, with responsibilities including the following:
Ensure full implementation of all aspects of Acelero Learning’s early learning system, policies/procedures and tools, with the goal of supporting all children to achieve School Readiness Goals.
Supervise all teaching staff (teachers, assistant teachers, floaters, substitutes and extended day.)
Provide ongoing coaching to teaching staff to support them in successfully fulfilling all aspects of their role, including but not limited to effective practices in the following:
- CLASS™ Teacher-Child Interactions
- Learning Environments
- Child Assessment
- Meeting All Children’s Needs
- Working with Families
- Professional Growth and Collaboration
- Work with teachers to implement program curriculum with fidelity.
- Work with teachers to implement child assessment system reliably, including understanding child outcomes data and using them to plan and individualize.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education OR Bachelor’s degree in related field with at least six (6) courses in early childhood education and experience teaching preschool aged children; Master’s degreepreferred
- Infant/Toddler education/training preferred for Early Head Start. Director’s academy preferred for district collaborated centers.
- At least one year of experience with supervision, management or coaching
- Experience managing an infant/toddler or preschool program
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred
- Experience with inclusion of children with disabilities preferred
- Knowledge of infant/toddler health and safety licensing requirements (if applicable)
- Experience with collaborations and community partnerships (if applicable)
- Experience in Fiscal management/budget preparations (if applicable)
- Able to lift a child weighing 40 pounds, 20 times a day if needed.
- Obtain certification in CPR and First Aid.