Bringing out the best in people
As advanced as dentistry is today, we are dedicated to making it even better. Our people have a passion for innovation and are committed to applying it to improve dental care. We live and breathe high performance, working as one global team, bringing out the best in each other for the benefit of dental patients, and the professionals who serve them. If you want to grow and develop as a part of a team that is shaping an industry, then we’re looking for the best to join us.
Working at Dentsply Sirona you are able to:
Develop faster - with our commitment to the best professional development.
Perform better - as part of a high-performance, empowering culture.
Shape an industry - with a market leader that continues to drive innovation.
Make a difference -by helping improve oral health worldwide.
Terrific opportunity to be part of our Engineering team.
The Sr. Mechanical Engineer will have total responsibility for the coordination, design, specifications, procurement and building of manufacturing and production equipment in support of manufacturing, filling, assembly, and packaging operations at both the Lakeview and West Milford manufacturing plants. The Sr. Mechanical Engineer will also be responsible to lead technical equipment engineering projects and must possess Project Management skills and be proficient with the use of Solid Works software.
This position will fulfill the division objectives of overall improvements in production efficiency and quality while significantly and appropriately increasing the use of mechatronic and automated equipment for the dental products produced by Dentsply Sirona meeting GMP and ISO-9000 requirements with a positive impact on company image and profitability.
- Work closely with the TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) manager in support of a holistic Total Productive Maintenance Program (TPM)
- Initiate regular project design reviews comprised of both technical and leadership/management personnel (Production Area Management, department leaders, quality engineering, production engineering, maintenance supervisor and facility maintenance).
- Design and/or coordinate the design of production equipment utilizing mechanical, electrical, electronic, pneumatic, and hydraulic components and systems for automatic and manually operated equipment.
- Direct and supervise the building, rebuilding, and repair / modification of precision-machined parts and assemblies for production equipment including designing and preparing design documentation for replacement parts, new parts and equipment.
- Design and integrate advanced electronic and automation control systems for manufacturing and production equipment.
- Prepare and/or direct the preparation of product or system layouts, detailed drawings, and schematics. Ensure that all designs, whether designed in-house or by a contractor, are adequately documented and documentation is available for maintenance, redesign, and training.
- Design advanced precision equipment for accurate and highly controlled applications.
- With input from manufacturing, maintenance, quality assurance, engineering, marketing, research and development, define and document requirements for equipment design to meet all expectations including product performance, productivity, quality, safety, skills, and costs.
- Direct and coordinate the manufacturing and installation of prototype production equipment.
- Compile and analyze operational tests, and research data to establish performance standards for newly designed or modified equipment and product.
- Analyze test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications.
- Design and prepare installation plan for all new equipment, machine parts, and machine control systems.
- Analyze product equipment specifications, and performance requirements to determine designs which can be produced by existing manufacturing or alternate processing facilities and methods.
- Determine the feasibility of designing new plant equipment or modifying existing plant equipment considering costs, technical support skills, available space, time limitations, company planning, and other technical and economic factors
- Provide technical direction concerning manufacturing or processing techniques, materials, properties, process advantages and limitations, which affect long range facilities and product engineering planning
- Work closely with Process Engineering, Research and R&D to clarify product and process requirements ensuring equipment is designed to provide expected product volumes, quality, and product performance criteria.
- Plan and develop experimental test programs for validation of process equipment. Analyze test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications.
- Assist with troubleshooting of production machines and plant equipment resulting in recommendations for corrections and/or modifications.
- Provide technical cost input for both capital and operating budgets.
- Prepare project reports for management review. Conduct audit at project completion.
- Plan projects and identify technical requirements, staffing, equipment, facility, funding, schedules, benefits, and product costs in an overall project master plan and present to management.
- Identify and work closely with perspective equipment manufacturers and contractors to ensure effective communication of requirements, specifications, and contractual obligations while obtaining quotations to build and install equipment. Recommend equipment suppliers to management. Prepare the capital requisition documentation for management approval.
- Ensure that ISO-9000 and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) requirements are understood and met with equipment performance including training, work instructions, procedures, and other documentation's.
- Requires an Engineering oriented BS degree with emphasis on Mechatronic Engineering, Mechanical, Electro-Mechanical or Control Systems Engineering. An advanced technical degreepreferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
Years and Type of Experience:
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in Engineering or Manufacturing environment with the majority of experience in Machine Design (electrical, mechanical and machine automation control systems) of mechatronic or automated equipment for small, medium and high volume production processes to include manufacturing, filling, assembly and packaging equipment.
- Working knowledge of PLC (programmable logic controllers) and automation control systems (servo and motion control), flexible automation and robotics with respect to machine design, equipment engineering and trouble shooting.
- Proven experience with creating a collaborative atmosphere between engineering teams and maintenance teams. Teambuilding is extremely important in this role!
- Experience in medical device and/or pharmaceutical production with QSR, ISOexperiencepreferred. Medical Device or Pharmaceutical manufacturing experience is a plus.
- Exposure to the requirements of ISO-9000 and cGMP is preferred.
Key Required Skills, Knowledge and Capabilities:
Ability to communicate and present projects to all levels of management and employees, as well as, manufacturing associates. Ability to write in a precise, concise, professional manner. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common, scientific, and technical journals, financialreports, contracts, and legal documents. The ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers and regulatory agencies. The ability to read, and interpret drawings, specifications, safety rules, operating maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as profitability and statistical inference, fundamentals of plain and solid geometry, and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, metric measurement, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distributions, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret and extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form.
- Must have working knowledge of PLC (programmable logic controllers) with respect to application and trouble shooting.
- Must possess inter-personal skills to tactfully resolve and implement changes as they occur. Must be able to visualize objects.
- Must be proficient and possess a working knowledge of Solid Works, MS project (or other project software), Excel, MS
- Should also have an extensive exposure to ISO-9000 and Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) compliance.
Sr. Mechanical Engineer - Milford, DE (50804).