This position has supervisory/lead or working manager responsibility over a group of project controls personnel or functions as a technical specialist who develops, implements, and monitors advanced project controls concepts/processes. Provides technical direction over a group and may be responsible for employee performance appraisals. Is required to interface with all projectized functional groups throughout the life-cycle of a project. Manage a portfolio of projects simultaneous from start to finish. Required to generate/create project controls deliverables as required by the prime contract and project execution plan.
- Generating, publishing, and maintaining tangible project controls deliverables (i.e.. schedules, cost reports, status reports, forecast/EAC reporting, EVM reporting, change notices & log, risk register).
- Set-up of project charge code accounts (WBS in SAP), oversee and review/approval of all projects' timesheets, monitor and track project cost.
- Interface with clients and Business Unit VP's to ensure the required deliverables are being met, including monthly/period reports and project reviews.
- Provide support and guidance for site Project Controls personnel & assist with troubleshooting field project controls issues. Also, coordinate support of the proposal process.
- Develop and maintain site specific project controls procedures as required.
- Coordinate placement of field personnel.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Detail oriented with a high level of accuracy and exceptional management and organizational skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and must possess the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks concurrently.
- Knowledge of general project controls functions and the ability to plan, organize, budget, and monitor progress.
- Good computer skills and proficiency using Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and Access.
- SAP R/3, Win Estimator, and Primavera P6 knowledge is a plus.
- Visual acuity, hearing, manual/physical dexterity (fingering, grasping, walking, bending, kneeling, climbing, etc.).
Education: College or post secondary educationpreferred.
Experience: Ten plus years experience in related project controls assignments.
Certifications: Computer proficiency certifications a plus or equivalent education.
Licenses/Registrations: Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification a plus.