Shive-Hattery's Cedar Rapids office has an immediate opportunity for a BIM Manager with a minimum of five years of experience with Revit and BIM practices.
· BIM Execution plans
· Model coordination
· Model maintenance
· Dedicated BIM Manager on all projects
· Ability to market our expertise in BIM coordination both internally but especially externally.
Software Education and Workflow Automation Efforts in the CR office:
· Work with those needing technical assistance in using our modeling software (initial teaching is still done by a 3rd party)
· Onboarding of new staff to assess skills and determine what they need to get up to speed as fast as possible
· Develop workflow tools and processes to continuously improve the value of BIM for, as well as between, all trades.
· Work with clients to educate them on effective uses of our BIM deliverables.
Quality Control Coordinator:
· Responsible for reviewing project plans to make sure quality review is scheduled appropriately for each project
· Review the Revit models to make sure they are being developed to meet the project plan and are coordinated (see BIM Coordinator responsibility above)
· Track the types of issues found and report quarterly to the team leader and group leaders noting any patterns or areas of growth
3D Scanning Services - the ability to operate and translate the 3D scanner to produce a document usable by the design team this includes:
· Data collection
· Marketing of service inside and outside the office
Help grow niche services related to specialized knowledge such as process/industrial piping:
· Understand and support those service from a technology standpoint
· Coordinate these special services into our existing services
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.