Job Description Esterline Technologies Corporation
System Engineer, Esterline Power Systems - North America
Our team needs a System Engineer who will help the Business Development team design and launch a new and exciting project. The job requires knowledge of aerospace power distribution equipment. This job is cool because it can only be referenced by its code name – Skywalker.
A System Engineer at Esterline is responsible for the development of aircraft AC and DC power distribution subsystems and for the integration of power switching devices and smart electronic power sensors. Power switching components include AC and DC contactors, relays and solid state controllers (FET and IGBT technology). Smart electronics devices include current and voltage sensors as well as system level smart controllers. The engineer will perform component selection, design and design analysis meet the de-rating factors per requirements. The engineer will be responsible for preparing sketches, block diagrams, wiring and system schematics and documentation of the test results. The engineer will supervise and work with Engineering Technician to test and evaluate the design.
Your Primary Responsibilities
- Review and validate customer’s requirements.
- Decompose System Level Requirements into Subsystem and Component level Requirements.
- Design and develop electronic components and equipment.
- Perform component selection, schematic capture, design analysis, stress analysis.
- Perform design verification testing.
- Develop test plan for manufacturing test procedures and qualification testing.
- Prepare Bill of Material and Assembly drawings for designs.
- Coordinate product transition from engineering to operations.
- Coordinate design activities on assigned projects in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Actively participates in Lean and 6-S initiatives.
- Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above.
- Understand and live by Esterline’s ethics and business conduct policies
Your Education/Experience Must Haves
- A Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year University in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 5 year experience with aerospace power distribution equipment.
- Experience with 28VDC, 115 VAC and 270 VDC power systems.
- Experience with MIL-STD-704F and MIL-STD-461E
- Experience with MIL-STD-810G and RTCA/DO-160G.
- Experience with MIL-STD-882E.
- Experience with electro-mechanical technologies
- Excellent in requirement management and verification matrix.
- Excellent in technical writing skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Experience in design in multi-disciplinary team and a team player.
- Pragmatic thinker able to prioritize and mitigate risks
Your Education/Experience Nice to Haves Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Familiar with power electronic and power quality.
- Familiar with Solid State Power Controller Technology using Power MOSFET.
- Familiar with PCB floor plan to comply with EMC/EMI requirements.
- Familiar with DOORS (requirement management software).
- Familiar with aerospace standard requirements
- Capable of challenging technical elements of the customer’s specification.