Our employees tell us they love working for a global organization focused on collaboration, teamwork and customer outcomes. Since 1979, QAD has provided solutions and services for customers in the automotive, consumer products, food and beverage, high technology, industrial and life sciences industries so they can better align daily operations with their strategic goals. We offer an amazing culture and comprehensive suite of health and wellness benefits so that employees can focus on helping customers reach our vision for them: the Effective Enterprise.
As the Principal Quality Analyst, you will be responsible for applying technical, business, and software quality engineering discipline knowledge to formulate test strategies and perform test activities, including the creation and execution of automated tests, estimation, test planning, test case development, risk analysis, test execution, defect management, and test status reporting. You would be expected to learn the business and technical components of an application to appropriately communicate risk and status to senior project management and executives. You would also work with an agile development group and with peers across the organization to drive test efficiencies, improve frameworks, enhance the enterprise testing process and create/maintain a quality software product. Other duties include, technical leadership, mentoring other team members, leading quality initiatives, providing training as needed and periodically participating in ISO certification or customer audits.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Develops test plans, including test conditions and expected results, test cases, and test scripts.
- Executes testing, including documentation of test results and defects.
- Responsible for testing automation, including script development and maintenance.
- Devise creative and efficient ways to provide automated test coverage for new features.
- Tests manually when necessary.
- Identifies test data requirements and works with other teams as needed to create and maintain test data.
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of software testing tools.
- Stay up-to-date on software application testing tools and best practices.
- Creates, runs, and maintains reports to measure and track testing metrics.
- Trains development team on testing best practices to promote quality throughout the development cycle.
- Supports continuous integration, test driven/behavior driven development, and assists in defect troubleshooting and resolution.
- Initiates and lead strategic quality initiatives within the department.
Required Experience and Knowledge
- 8 – 10+ years software development and test experience including 5+ years automated software testing in an agile development environment
- Expertise with test planning and execution as well as related testing tools
- Experience executing the regression and performance testing for packaged releases on a defined schedule timeline
- Experience executing testing scenarios focused on quality assurance of development and support changes in a QAD ERP or similar integrated enterprise application.
- Experience with automated testing platforms (TestComplete, SoapUI, Jmeter)
- Experience with continuous integration tools (Bamboo, Jenkins, etc.)
- Experience with version control systems / bug tracking tools (svn, GIT, JIRA, etc.)
- Proficient with databases, strong knowledge of SQL
- Experience with test case management system
- Shell scripting.