IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. is a leader in pet healthcare innovation, serving practicing veterinarians around the world with a broad range of diagnostic and information technology-based products and services. IDEXX products enhance the ability of veterinarians to provide advanced medical care, improve staff efficiency and build more economically successful practices. IDEXX is also a worldwide leader in providing diagnostic tests and information for livestock and poultry and tests for the quality and safety of water and milk. Headquartered in Maine, IDEXX Laboratories employs more than 8,000 people and offers products to customers in over 175 countries. JOB SUMMARY: Leveraging the marketing plans and value proposition work of Product and Commercial Marketing Managers, the Marketing Communications Manager oversees messaging strategy and the development, implementation, and optimization of omni-channel Communications Plans. This role works with internal and external creative teams and channel strategists to product campaigns that may include advertising, digital marketing, public relations, marketing automation journeys, direct mail, trade show marketing, field marketing materials, and/or content marketing. The Marketing Communications Manager also partners with Product Managers and Commercial Marketing Managers at every stage of the product development process from concept through product life-cycle. Working with upstream partners, this leader supports turning customer insights into personas, positioning, and value propositions. This leader is responsible for managing the production of all creative assets required to implement communications plans working with creative teams, the PR Manager, Media Manager, Social Media Managers, and Web Managers. In addition to being strategic and creative, this position is also operational, requiring hands-on management of resources, workflow, budgets, and processes. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops marketing communications plans, including messaging strategy and channel plans, to achieve marketing plan objectives for IDEXX products and services.
- Prepares and presents Power Point presentations pitching formal communications plans including objectives, strategy, campaignarchitecture, rollout plans, and KPIs.
- Works cross-functionally with Product Marketing Managers and Commercial Marketing Managers to support value proposition development.
- Works directly with external/internal creative teams providing strategic direction on concepts, copy and design while also managing project timelines and budgets.
- Manages resources, workflow, and processes to enable efficient production of creative assets for marketing communications plans, including print, digital, direct response, trade shows, public relations, packaging, video, and social media.
- Partners with website managers on communications strategy for the company website.
- Works with vendors and designers on print materials, purchasing, and production planning.
- Manages up and across assessing risk and proposing mitigation plans on critical issues.
- Provides coaching and guidance to business partners on communications planning and strategy.
- Gains subject matter expertise on company products and services, industry trends, and competitive landscape.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree. MBA in Marketing a plus.
EXPERIENCE: We are seeking senior marketing and media leaders with 10 years of experience launching products and driving brand preference via omni-channel communication plans. Must have experience producing marketing communications strategy, developing creative concepts, pitching ideas to stakeholders and overseeing the implementation of multi-channel campaigns. Whether you come from internal marketing communications, an agency or media company, you will fit right in if you are positive, solutions oriented and enthusiastic. 5 years’ management/leadership experience is a plus, with proven ability to lead and influence without authority. REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Subject matter expert on omni-channel communications planning – paid, earned, owned media
- Generate original creative ideas that achieve business objectives
- Marketing and business acumen
- Creative direction of internal and external copy, design and production teams
- Stellar project management with innate sense of how to get things done most efficiently
- Proven ability to verbally and visually communicate strategic ideas; excellent presentation skills.
- Turns around integrated marketing communications plans and pitches quickly.
- Persuade others by sharing ideas in a compelling way to gain commitment
- Influence without authority via strong negotiation skills, presence and personality
- Pursue everything with energy drive and the need to finish, with extra effort to meet deadlines
- Achieve results even under tough circumstances, persists in the face of challenges and setbacks
- Delivers messages in clear, compelling and concise manner
- Builds strong relationships and support across the organization and works collaboratively
- Gains confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity
- Instinctively plans, prioritizes and aligns to meet organizational goals
- Quick mind that connects, concludes, decides and has the flexibility to pivot