Responsibilities for the account management, orders forecast and capture of Rockwell Collins products, systems and services for the assigned accounts within a given territory. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected.
- Relocation assistance available for qualified candidates
As the OEM Sales & Technical Support Engineer you will be responsible for :
- Creating and growing relationships with customers, prospective customers, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), and Service Centers in their assigned account areas.
- Providing onsite technical support, guidance, and training (flight support services and avionics/communications systems) to a very diverse group of customers and prospects within their assigned accounts.
- Acting as technical liaison between customers served, Rockwell Collins – ARINCDirect sales personnel, and the ARINCDirect business unit based in Annapolis, MD.
- Using extraordinary customer service skills to provide sales and technical support to your assigned accounts and assisting team mates when necessary.
- Grow the ARINCDirect business by identifying prospective customers, and otherwise contribute to the growth of the ARINCDirect service offering.
- Identifying account needs and requirements and will document said needs clearly and effectively for the business unit.
- Working closely with system and software engineering on product enhancements.
Other duties include, but are not limited to:
- Providing onsite technical guidance for all ARINCDirect products and services, including flight planning, weather, and flight deck and cabin communications systems (e.g., VHF, Inmarsat, and Iridium data/voice services).
- Providing onsite avionics configuration support, troubleshooting support, and comprehensive training on the use of ARINCDirect applications to a diverse customer base. Candidate will be identifying and working problems in both the flight deck and cabin environments.
- Managing relationships within your assigned OEMs, completions centers, and service centers.
- Identify new sales prospects within your accounts, including customers taking delivery of new aircraft.
- Introduce ARINCDirect to new operators; upsell ARINCDirect products to existing customers.
- Gather account requirements and act as a liaison between customers, prospects, OEMs, Service Centers, other Rockwell Collins – ARINCDirect staff, and the ARINCDirect business unit. Identify obstacles to product growth and propose solutions/action items. Serve as a customer advocate.
- Assist with Technical Publication writing and updating.
- Assist regional managers when necessary.
- Coordinate the ARINCDirect account activation/commissioning processes. Submit required forms, configure, test, and train new services including ACARS, Iridium, Inmarsat, and ViaSat services.
- Four (4) or more years in Customer Service, Marketing, or Technical/Engineering.
- Four (4) or more years in customer support functions, including account management, or as a field service representative within the aviation or transportation industry.
- Working knowledge of computerized flight planning, aviation weather reporting systems, aircraft communications, including but not limited to, ACARS and SATCOM systems in the flight deck and cabin environments, cabin communications, networks, satellite television.
- Business aviationexperience in one or more of the following areas: pilot, engineer, maintenance technician, dispatch, aircraft sales/brokerage, aviation management, aircraft completions, FBO operations, or related field/position.
- Motivated self-starter with problem-solving talent and ability to work independently (Candidates with previous experience working remotely are preferred.).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to prepare and present reports and briefings in a clear and concise manner to internal and external customers.
- Detail-oriented, highly organized with the ability to work on multiple accounts and activities simultaneously.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office Tools).
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Ability to work well in dynamic environment and to anticipate and mitigate problems.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Experience in OEM sales, completions, service centers or avionics technician with an authorized service center or repair facility.
- Knowledge of business jet cabin voice and cabin communications protocols and technologies.
- Certificate in Networking/Related IT (e.g., CISCO, etc.) and/or prior experience with IP based routers and switches; CCENT preferred.
- Bi-Lingual (First: English, Second: Spanish).
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate discipline (preferably IT/Aviation) or in the absence of a degree six years of related experience; identified skills and experience.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
Job ID: 6504