The Senior Warehouse Manager will provide leadership in a fast-paced warehouse environment inclusive of people selection, development and evaluation to ensure efficient operation. Supervise and coordinate the daily transaction processing environment. For this position, direct reports would include all regular and temporary warehouse personnel responsible to perform material receiving and put-away, sales order and work order picking, packing for local and global transportation, and multiple daily factory deliveries to the Elizabeth Factory.
- Conduct daily communication with direct reports to communicate status and coordinate daily warehouse planned activities. Maintain visual communication boards with status and priority of work to be completed. Post the daily performance of key warehouse metrics.
- Coordinate the receiving process. This involves the efficient receipt of all materials arriving at the Somerset Operations and in Plainview, NY. Proper management of the receiving paperwork and the recording of the receipt transactions into SAP and final material put away in its assigned bin location will occur within 24 hours of receipt and be tracked daily.
- Manage the work order releases into the work order picking process. This involves the scheduling of work order kitting to support multiple production lines, with multiple cadences and completeness requirements, while ensuring the daily sales order releases are picked, packed and shipped within 2 business days and same day for Emergency Orders.
- Ensure the packing and shipping documentation processes that protect material in transit and ensure all shipping requirements are met for domestic and international regulations and to meet customer expectations.
- Ensure proper controls and effective processing of non-conforming materials and reverse logistics materials.
- Supervise logistics support personnel in the Engineering and Factory Floor locations.
- Respond and prioritize daily requests and escalations effectively and in a timely fashion.
- Monitor and assure inventory integrity through process indicators and controls. Coordinate the weekly cycle counting process. Investigate any cycle count variances. Communicate with appropriate members of management of any pending cycle count adjustment requiring senior management approval prior to posting. Post all cycle count batches and maintain complete records of all cycle counts taken. Post current cycle count performance for the Somerset warehouse.
- Coordinate physical counts both in Elizabeth and Plainview locations and reconciliations of stocking locations that are not under a cycle count control.
- Support Purchasing with a resolution of “problem” issues involving material receiving transactions.
- Conduct “5S” workplace organization efforts within the warehouses and coordinate continuous improvement projects.
- BS degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Logistics Management or other relevant area and a minimum of 10 years of total experience. A minimum of 8years of direct supervisory experience in a warehouse environment is required. An equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience may be considered.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience providing leadership in a fast-paced warehouse environment.
- Skilled in computer-based inventory transaction processing systems.
- Demonstrated excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent decision-making, problem-solving, and collaboration skills required.
- Ability to develop functional goals and translate into actionable objectives for team members.
- Experience in SAPpreferred.
- Experience with implementation or use of mobile device managed warehouse management systems preferred.
- Lean manufacturing and/or Six Sigmaexperience highly preferred.