Summary of Essential Functions
- Provides leadership responsibilities, including directing, organizing and evaluating operations for assigned physician network divisions.
- In collaboration with other key positions, the Director of URPG will partner with physicians to help them achieve their financial and business goals. This includes developing and implementing programs, products and services to support the strategic plan.
- Responsible for maintaining technical services in accordance with standards established by Joint Commission, local, state, and federal agencies as may apply.
- Provides recruitment and supervision of necessary personnel.
- Assists with preparing and maintaining the capital expenditure and daily operating budget.
- Coordinates internal and external resources to manage projects and day-to-day activities to maximize effectiveness and efficiency.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business administration or healthcarerequired. Master’s degreepreferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to engage both physicians and non-physicians in collaborative, communicative relationships that enhance the delivery of patient care quality and safety.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to exercise critical thinking, problem solving and conflict management skills.
- Ability to lead, motivate and hold others accountable.
- Minimum of five years of healthcare related administrative experiencerequired.
- Must be skilled in exercising a high degree if initiative, judgment, discretion, and decision making to achieve objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administratively responsible and accountable for the day to day operations of assigned divisions of United Regional Physician’s Group in coordination with other leadership staff to provide consistent quality of care to patients of the clinics.
- Continually evaluates the timely adjustment of clinic strategies and plans to meet changing needs.
- Ensures clinic flow is established by serving as a liaison between provider needs and clinical resources.
- Responsible for maintaining services in accordance with standards established by Joint Commission, local, state and federal agencies as may apply.
- Established and enforce policies and procedures.
- Addresses complaints and resolves problems with the guidance of the senior leadership. Ensures patient/customer satisfaction by analyzing patient/customer complaints, concerns and suggestions and providing appropriate follow-through.
- Within scope of authority, ensures the development of systems to properly support clinic wide activities using sound internal control principles.
- Responsible for preparing and maintaining the capital expenditure and daily operating budget.
- Provides regular communication to senior leadership, ensuring that information, reports, and materials are provided to clearly describe UPRG activities and progress toward agreed upon objectives.
- Ensures competency of staff through development and/or presentation of educational programs and through staff performance evaluations.
- Assists in planning and development in regard to equipment modification, new equipment and essential construction within the department.
- Markets and promotes new and existing programs and services to internal and external customers.
- Performs all other tasks/responsibilities as necessary.
Req # 2143