Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That’sTravelers. Our superiorfinancial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns meansecurity for our customers – and opportunities for our employees. You will findTravelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Travelers’ Collaboration and Sharing Services team is looking for a Business Analyst with well-developed technical, communication and business engagement abilities. This role will provide the stage to showcase your multi-dimensional skills – talking to business leaders about needs and strategy one minute, and configuring solutions the next. It is an opportunity to work in a fast paced, collaborative, business focused environment to deliver collaboration and information sharing services to Travelers’ largest Line Of Business (LOB). You will be accountable for providing technical leadership and services aligned with business strategies and lend application support for SharePoint and other industry leading technologies.
The Business Systems Analyst will be accountable to support Travelers’ Claim LOB business partners with efficient and effective technical collaboration solutions. This will include an active reach out to Claim LOB business partners, resolving business impacting technical issues, providing guidance and advice, and providing integration between day to day technical needs and the longer range analysis of needs and proactive solutioning.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Help identify key needs for the strategic roadmap for SharePoint in support of Claim business needs.
- Partner and collaborate with peers in the Travelers Enterprise Knowledge Exchange teams.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with key business stakeholders to collaborate and ensure excellent SharePoint services and deliverables.
- Research industry knowledge best practices and standards to infuse Claim sharing services.
- Support Claim IT strategic initiatives through Collaboration and Sharing Services.
- Maintain metrics and provide dashboard views; detect and provide input to support or counter trends.
- Communicate project status and health to IT management and Business leaders.
5 years experience developing and supporting business technology systems.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- BS/BA in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, Business or other related field, or relevant work experience.
- Typically has a minimum of 3 years experience in business systems analysis or equivalent role.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
- Strong technical insights and experience with SharePoint
- Strong ability to work with users on technical issues and support trouble-shooting of issues.
- Collaborator, able to build partnerships and relationships across organizations.
- Proven ability to understand and leverage business drivers and initiatives
- About 3-5years of technical, planning and administrativeexperience:
- Using SharePoint in a Corporate Environment
- Using Microsoft stack of applications, especially with integration into SharePoint
- Using on-prem, cloud and hybrid based deployment models, understanding their advantages and disadvantages
- Strong background
- Working on customer engagement and delivering solutions
- Designing and configuring workflows
- Using InfoPath, especially form design and integration into workflows and SharePoint
- Understanding of pros and cons of industry collaboration tools – box.com, dropbox, SharePoint, etc.
- Experience with architecture principles, SDLC, agile and waterfall models, documentation, archiving
- Good communication and presentation skills; ability to explain complex technical details to non-technical audiences
- Background or experience in Insurance/Claim is a plus but not required.
Licensing or Certificates
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
Job ID: 11211BR