As a Senior Control Systems Engineer, you will provide technical leadership to a team responsible for the development and maintenance of embedded control systems. In addition you will:
- Design the high level software architecture and software requirements in PREEvision for electromechanical/electrohydraulic subsystems for agricultural equipment.
- Create AUTOSAR compliant software architectures per the John Deere Software Architecture Guidelines for specific electrohydraulic subsystems.
- Define algorithms, subsystem interface requirements, sensor specifications, and actuator specifications.
- Verify that the designed software architecture meets the high level subsystem requirements.
- Align priorities with the needs of the embedded software teams and electronics Product Validation and Verification teams.
- Prioritize and schedule the implementation of requested features and resolution of known defects.
- Translate system requirements into logical design.
- Design the high level software architecture and software requirements for embedded control systems.
What Skills You Need
- Two or more years of professional experience working with and/or developing control systems.
- Two or more years of experience working with and/or developing software architecture.
- Two or more years’ experience developing embedded software and/or Model-Based Software Design (MBSD).
What Makes You Stand Out
Other areas of experience or interest that will help us place you on the right team include:
- Two (2) years of experience working with system simulation (such as: MatLab, Simulink, and Stateflow).
- Experience working in mechatronics; this includes a solid understanding of electrical and electronics, hydraulics, and mechanical systems.
- Technical experience related to design/diagnostics of mechanical, electrical, and/or hydraulic systems.
- Experience taking high level requirements and designing production intent embedded software applications.
- Experience authoring detailed software requirements used to implement embedded software.
- Experience with vehicle networks and protocols (such as: CAN, J1939, ISOBUS, LIN, etc.).
- Two (2) or more years working as a software systems architect, specifically for AUTOSAR compliant systems.
- Experience with AUTOSAR authoring tools such as PREEvision, DaVinci Developer, etc.
Ideally, you will have a degree or equivalent work experience in the following:
- Bachelors of Arts/Science in an Electrical, Computer, Software Engineering or Computer Science discipline.
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.