Senior Controls / Automation Engineer
Candidates to have experience with all facets of technical project execution including:
Overall Technical Scope Development
- Technical Functional Requirement Development
- Layout Design and Engineering
- Electrical/Controls Design and Development
- Installation Scope Development
- On-Site Installation and Start-Up/Commissioning
Technical Project Execution
- Provide Technical Oversight of Technical Project Execution Team
- Oversee Project Technical Deliverables and Schedules
- Conduct Regularly Scheduled Technical Project Reviews
- Communicate Project Status with the Project Manager Including Regularly Scheduled Project Update and Milestone Reviews
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Accountability for complete project execution including team leadership, control panel engineering, SCADA design, PLC and HMI programming, and site start-up support of integrated systems.
- Maintain and grow solid client relationships.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to be applied in design, installation, commissioning, and troubleshooting of packaging lines, process systems, and software systems.
- Minimum 7-15 years of related automation experience with HMI, SCADA, PLC’s, and general control system design.
- Packaging and process controls experience in the Consumer Products and/or life sciences industries are preferred; beverage/brewery/food experience and engineering consulting experience are a plus.
- Experience with Allen-Bradley (Control Logix, Compact Logix) PLCs, PanelView Plus HMIs, Industrial Communication Networks (Ethernet, etc.) is required.
- Experience with Factory Talk Suite, IntellutionSuite, Wonderware Suite, and Visual Basic/C#/Java is a plus.
- Position requires the ability to successfully execute multiple project responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Candidates need to possess excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or related technical degree.
- Willing and able to travel as necessary for project requirements to include but not be limited to: project installation and start-up activities, client meetings, company sponsored meetings, trainings, industry related seminars, forums, or conventions, etc.
- Our first preference is to find local talent, however special consideration may be given to those with exceptional experience.
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.