Snagajob is looking for a passionate Principal Software Engineer to help grow our brand and business by building the technology that powers the largest job site for hourly workers in the country. We’re working hard to help our 80 million registered job seekers find their right fit jobs. Our new Partner Marketplace squad will develop Snagajob’s public API that will allow our customers to use our platform as their main “hiring hub:” and easily connect with third party application.
What We Believe
- The art and science of software development is the key to unlocking business growth. We don’t shy away from new technologies and practices, but rather look for opportunities to incorporate emerging concepts into our core practices. Monthly hack-days have led to multiple innovations that have transformed our business. Weekly tech-talks allow for the sharing of ideas and advancement of our platforms.
- Working in self-directed Agile teams that define their own objectives and key results leads to empowered teams and innovative solutions. Teams have ownership of their products and are accountable for their results.
- Teams should be self-sufficient and we want them to have the necessary resources and talent required to meet their goals. All members contribute to the success of the team - collaboration, accountability and passion are the cornerstones. We strive for co-location, camaraderie and a fun atmosphere.
What You'll Bring
- A strong work ethic, exceptional problem-solving skills and an interest in tackling diverse technical challenges.
- Background in developing multi-tiered web applications using HTTP, JSON and REST APIs.
- Proficiency in C# and a good knowledge of the .NET ecosystem.
- Database development experience using MongoDB, SQL or PostgreSQL.
- Involvement with 3rd-party or vendor integrations would be ideal.
- Knowledge of microservice architectures. Docker containerization and cloud based hosting (AWS) is beneficial.
- Experience working in an Agile environment following Scrum or Kanban methodologies.
What you get to do:
- Have a Squad/Tribe level focus and can take on Dev-Lead responsibilities.
- Engage in user research and discover, participate in product definition and facilitate design and architecture discussions.
- Partake in code reviews and provide constructive feedback to safeguard product quality.
- Work closely with Product to validate solutions feasibility.
What You Can Expect From Snagajob
Snagajob offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401k plan, health and fitness incentives, 20 days of PTO to start and 2 days of paid community service time, eligibility for performance-based bonuses, and casual fun work environment with an award winning culture. Snagajob is an equal opportunity employer.
With more than 80 million registered hourly workers and 300,000 employer locations, Snagajob is America’s #1 hourly marketplace. We focus on creating instant and quality connections so workers can get jobs and employers can hire workers—in minutes. Since 2000, our mission has been to put people in right fit-positions so they can maximize their potential and live more fulfilling lives. We do this through the Snagajob marketplace and PeopleMatter, our end-to-end platform of talent and workforce management solutions. Our mobile sourcing, hiring, training, scheduling, and performance management tools drive results for single-locationoperators to Fortune 500 businesses with thousands of locations, across the restaurant, retail, hospitality and healthcare industries.