Eastside Medical Center has been a healthcare leader for more than 37years providing quality care to patients in Gwinnett and surrounding counties. Eastside is a 310-bed, multi-campus system of care offering comprehensive medical and surgical programs including cardiovascular, neurosciences, oncology, orthopedics, rehabilitation, maternity with neonatal intensive care, behavioral health, bariatric, and 24-hour emergency care.
On average, Eastside’s NICU team cares for more than 200 premature babies every year so you can rest assured knowing your baby is in the care of experienced hands. Our team works closely with parents to best meet the needs of each infant and we’re by your side every step of the way on your child’s NICU journey.
We are looking for a Manager of NICU to join our leadership team!
• Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, assessment range of treatment, and care of patients appropriate to the ages of patients served.
• Promotes customer service initiatives along with Eastside Medical Center Service Values.
• Documents patient care appropriately.
• Demonstrates ability to perform technical skills and procedures.
• Promotes compliance with National Patient Safety Goals.
• Assumes responsibility for management of unit (24hrs/day).
• Assumes responsibility for employee, physician and patient satisfaction.
• Responsible for quality of care delivered within department.
• Provides leadership, coaching and counseling to department employees.
• Collaborates with other disciplines and departments to improve patient care delivery.
• Identifies and refers issues to administrative officer as appropriate.
• Functions as clinical resource for staff.
• Functions as liaison to patients, families, staff and physicians.
• Assists with development/revision of policies and procedures.
• Completes departmental competencies.
• Responsible for departmental schedule.
• Coordinates internal/external staff education.
• Assists with evaluations and monitors certifications.
• Organizes new and/or transfer employee orientation.
• Assists with daily operations, including staffing, scheduling, and productivity management.
• Serves as a backup for the Administrative Director during his/her absence.
• Maintains compliance with TJC, HCA Quality Management, OSHA, CMS and all other appropriate standards or a agencies.
• Serves as a task force leader for project implementation for key initiatives and programs.
• Monitors and analyzes current activities to determine business development value.
• Coordinates with Administrative Director and CNO service initiatives to create awareness of new programs and services.
• Sets example with staff for proper use of sick time, leave time and taking corrective action to prevent recurring absences.
• Performs and completes assignments while providing consistent quantity and quality of work and helps set an example for staff.
• Attends seminars / workshops related to role in and out of the hospital when given the opportunity.
• Actively attends in-services and educational programs.
• Maintains current BLS certification and ACLS as required.
• Any other duties as assigned.
Job Code: 08621-10461