Job ID : 51408BR
Location : US - California - Sunnyvale
US - Wisconsin - Madison
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Key Position Responsibilities:
- Gather user requirements to develop solutions and alternatives according to standard templates
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Communicate and collaborate with users to analyze information needs and functional requirements
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Serve as the conduit between the user community and the software development team through which requirements flow
- Manage projects from beginning to end, defining project plans, budgets, resource requirements and schedules.
- Liaise between the business, technology teams and support teams
- Knowledge of data warehouse and reporting “best practice” models, techniques and processes
- Knowledge of ETL and SAP ECC
- Proficient with relational database, report, and dashboard design and development.
- Provide documentation and training to end users
- Participate in Service Desk function to resolve user related support calls
- Monitor compliance with Service Level Agreements for site
- Prepare and execute test plans for new functionality
- Ability to analyze data to get at the root cause of issues (ie reporting logic, process issues, data entry errors, etc) and communicate findings to the business as well as educating the end users to be self sufficient.
- Identify, develop, and implement programs to increase user adoption and awareness on BI solutions
- Contribute to defining BI strategies and standards.
- Comply with company’s Global IT Policies & Procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Relevant technical certificates a plus
- 5+ years of related technical work experience with ETL and relational database tools, such as SAP Business Objects Universe and Webi and dashboard applications such as Lumira or Tableau.
- Knowledge of SAP ECC.
- Strong interpersonal and excellent documentation skills are a must
- Able to assume and complete assignments independently
- Ability to explain and champion technical concepts to a broad audience
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Strong project management skills and understanding of project management lifecycle
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Business Objects development experience