Are You A Match?
We have an immediate need for a professional with a solution focused mindset to help our customers solve business challenges through the use of technology. The ideal consultant is an individual who wants to be part of an energetic, innovative and successful team. If you have a background in Microsoft SQL Server and surrounding technology, a strong learning desire in the Microsoft technology stack, and a great attitude, then the Sparkhound Managed SQL team is interested in you!
You’ll be joining a collaborative environment, trained on weak areas, brought up to speed with our engagements aggressively and placed in opportunities to excel. Onsite “checklist-based” consulting with clients, 25% - 50%. Working on project-based development as the database resource, 25% - 50%. Client augmentation and consulting, 25% - 75%. Travel, 0% - 20%. 24/7 on-call, 0% (zero!).
Ideal Candidates Will:
- Participate in the delivery of projects and solutions to completion in a team environment while demonstrating a consultative personality, leadership mindset, and collaborative communication style.
- Demonstrate and be able to communicate a more-than-fundamental understanding of Microsoft SQL Server features and concepts.
- Self-drive and learn new concepts. We look for a history of self-driven skills improvement and technical enthusiasm, and we will pair that with teamwork, backup, training and job-shadowing.
- Communicate clearly and confidently to non-technical and technical clients about technical problems. We prize and help develop the ability to serve as a friendly, approachable technical expert.
- Four-yeardegree (or work experience equivalent) and 4+ years of experience SQL Server development and administration technologies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate skills and applicable experience in all of the following:
- Direct responsibility for SQL Server Administration, Maintenance and Monitoring in SQL 2012+T-SQL troubleshooting, query optimization,
indexing and Enterprise-edition features.
- SSIS development in SQL 2012+ using the project
deployment model, demonstrated familiarity with enterprise ETL concepts
- SSRS administration and development in SQL 2008+ using projects for deployment
- SQL Server Data Tools for developing
source-controlled database projects in a team environment
- SQL Server Certification Exams 70-461 or 70-463
What Else Would Help Me Stand Out?
- SQL Server Disaster Recovery and High Availability solutions including clustering and Availability Groups
- SQL Server maintenance, configuration and troubleshooting
- SQL Server installation, migration and administration
- SQL Server permissions and securing server and database principals
- SSAS development and administration, multidimensional or preferably tabular models
- Speaking experience at local SQL Server User Groups, SQL Saturday conferences or similar
- SQL Server technical blogging or writing history
- Networksecurity, firewalls, TCP/IPnetworking
- Modern storage subsystems and virtualization platform
- Microsoft Azure infrastructure administration and configuration
- SQL Server MCSE-BI or MCSE-Data Platform Certification
Sparkhound is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected characteristics.