At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role, you will:
- Achieve the required product quality performance by reinforcing and implementing the quality management system.
- Plan, implement and control quality functional activities within Global 7/8 Preflight as well as Site Aircraft Certification for sustaining programs.
- Manage, coach, develop, and provide feedback to a group of Inspectors and Certification personnel.
- Ensure that all team members understand their role and performance in achieving the Business Unit targets.
- Utilize problem solving, corrective action and continuous improvement tools to ensure best practices are being developed and implemented within our quality management system via product and process assurance, and progressive certification of Aircraft Build within our manufacturing lines.
- Maintain and ensure budgetary requirements of the responsible departments.
- Ensure a safe working environment for our employees.
- Ensure the right resources are available to meet projected workload delivery on quality, cost and schedule.
- Maintain an equitable work environment.
As our ideal candidate,
- You have a University degree in a technical, quality, or program management discipline is preferred.
- You have at least minimum five (5) years management experience in Quality (Aviation experience preferred).
- You must hold a valid AME license or equivalent would be an asset.
- You have an in depth knowledge and experience in Quality Control / Assurance, Flight Testing, Aircraft Certification, corrective and preventive actions methodology, and manufacturing systems.
- You have knowledge in working with unions and collective agreements would be an asset.
- You have the ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment.
- You have good judgment and ability to innovate will make you an excellent candidate.
- You will utilize the appropriate resources to solve day-to-day problems, react quickly to unforeseen eviroment.