Dana is a global leader in the supply of highly engineered driveline, sealing, and thermal-management technologies that improve the efficiency and performance of vehicles with both conventional and alternative-energy powertrains. Serving three primary markets – passenger vehicle, commercial truck, and off-highway equipment – Dana provides the world's original-equipment manufacturers and the aftermarket with local product and service support through a network of nearly 100 engineering, manufacturing, and distribution facilities.
General Job Description
The Application/System Engineer is responsible for providing technical lead to ACCS team and its customers. This responsibility includes leading the team in establishing system level customer expectations, vehicle development, design, project execution, and customer technical support. Primary duties of this position are to manage daily customer technical interfaces, maintain customer technical information and coordinate with core engineering, business development and production to meet customer requirements.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the team in establishing system level customer expectations, vehicle development, design, project execution, and customer technical support.
- Lead technical support to our customers during program acquisition, development, launch, and production phases.
- Lead in key decisions on proposals, including product performance, cost competitiveness, priority and requirements following the Design Review Process.
- Lead engineering representative in the APQP team
- Support the engineers and technicians who develop, design, and implement products and technologies.
- Support Customer program timing for engineering activities necessary to meet key milestones and overall program timelines.
- Communicate customer needs and concerns throughout all levels of the organization both verbally and through various written texts and presentations.
- Review and support the creation of DVP&Rs and DFMEAs
- Develop core technology for future products
- Develop design proposals and products to meet customer requirements.
- Develop and support Va/Ve cost savings proposals.
- Actively interface withother critical functions, ieengineering, manufacturing and business development within the organization.
- Minimum 5years of experience in the transportation, automotive, commercial vehicle, military vehicle, etc… industry with strong understanding of systems integration
- Ability to develop strong customer relationships
- Ability to successfully function in a matrix style of cross-functional teams.
- Proficiency in written and oral communications; PC software; and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational, team building, problem solving, planning, decision-making & interpersonal skills.
- Must be a self-directed and motivated individual who is willing to accept responsibility.
- Understanding of engineering prints and specifications
- Understanding of Mechanical systems
- Experience with compressed air systems or fluid dynamics