The Vice President of Strategic Planning and Execution is a critical role that serves and integrates Compassion's global organization. The leader collaborates with the CEO, Chief of Staff (COS) and the Global Executive Team (GET) to develop and execute an enterprise-wide strategy. The role is uniquely positioned to connect the executive and operations functions of the organization. This incumbent leads the development of frameworks, systems and processes that support the execution of strategy while managing an enterprise portfolio and driving execution of critical initiatives across the organization. He or she Influences and advises Compassion's executive leaders to make deliberate strategic choices for the global organization. This leader also motivates and leads subordinate leaders in the following disciplines: Enterprise Program Management Office, Process Management, Organizational Readiness & Deployment, Organizational Design & Development and a Strategy Office. These functions collectively lead the design, planning and implementation of the enterprise strategic system across the ministry.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children – raising the awareness of the needs, neglect, nurture, and potential of children in poverty and challenging and enabling those within one’s influence to greater involvement and effectiveness on behalf of children.
- Leads enterprise strategic planning processes that include a clear methodology for the organization to identify and accomplish its strategic priorities and report on successes.
- Creates key systems and processes to prioritize, sequence design & deploy Compassion’s most strategic enterprise work efforts.
- Works with global operational management and executives to cultivate mechanisms that drive transparency and healthy discussions, leading to successful strategy execution managed through an agreed upon decision making framework. Demonstrates sound judgment, courageous leadership and tough decision-making to focus on advancing the ministry’s strategic objectives, especially when faced with competing or conflicting interests.
- Provides frameworks, models and insights to support clear enterprise strategic choices, both in the mid-term and long-term horizons.
- Guides senior executives on setting enterprise strategic priorities and analyzes organizational challenges and opportunities to develop insights into root causes and growth opportunities.
- Provides consultation to executives and management in the successful alignment of ministry resources to ensure appropriate investment in organizational capabilities that achieve the vision.
- Collaborates with leaders, participating in strategic Point-Of-View discussions looking toward the future, supporting the assigned function in the achievement of a strategic intent or vision, providing benefits to executives major ministry stakeholders, and/or transforming the organization, overseeing professional staff that convert the discussions into projects, programs and processes with well-defined criteria and outcomes.
- Directs a team responsible for developing an Enterprise Intelligence capability. Builds consistent and effective enterprise metrics for the application of data, to include development of data/metrics definition, analysis, dashboards and artifacts to provide executive management up to date status of key initiatives and projects. Directs a partnership with all business intelligence and analysis experts across the ministry to integrate internal and external data sources to produce meaningful and predictive analytics systems that inform decision-making.
- Delivers a consolidated, unified view of the most critical global data (both internal & external sources) that acts as decision support for the enterprise strategy system.
- In partnership with the Chief of Staff, builds & maintains strong collaborative relationships across key elements of the leadership system.
- Creates and leverages key external relationships (e.g. industry groups, strategic forums, thought partners) to ensure independent insight and wisdom is influencing strategic choices.
- Provides senior leader oversight to Strategy, Organization Design & Development and Solution Deployment functions.
- Directs professional staff that develop and embed tools, processes and frameworks using the strategy methodology approach in the design, planning and review of global strategy and coordinate activities ensuring appropriate consistency, and employ effective follow-up and management disciplines to initiate, plan, execute and close-out activities to achieve defined objectives.
- Responsible for executing on high-level projects that span the breadth of the organization.
- Selects, manages and develops assigned staff, establishing goals and objectives, coaching and managing performance, including discipline, motivation, and annual reviews; supports continuous learning and development that enhances individual performance and organizational capability.
- Compiles or prepares and administers the annual budget and divisional expenses, ensuring accountability for on-time completion of deliverables based on department objectives, SLAs, and other Compassion standards, ensuring compliance with regulatory and board policies.
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Relevant work experiencerequired to enable the individual to be able to successfully perform the job as listed.