Engility delivers innovative solutions to critical challenges facing the nation and the world. As a premier provider of integrated services for the U.S. government, we support the Department of Defense, intelligence community, space communities, federal civilian agencies and international customers. Engility is dedicated to making lives better, safer and more secure.
Engility is the sole provider of Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) services to the NASA IV&V Program located in Fairmont, West Virginia. At the NASA IV&V Facility, we support NASA's IV&V Program, delivering analysis and verification & validation of safety-critical and mission-critical software for a number of important NASA programs, including both human and robotic exploration as well as earth and space science collection platforms.
The successful candidate will learn to work independently and as a member of a team in one or more of these IV&V projects or other IV&V Program functional areas.
Roles and Responsibilities will include assignment in one more aspects of the IV&V Program needs listed below:
- Able to work independently with minimal direction. Possess specialized knowledge and domain experience of systems/software requirements/specifications and service oriented architectures.
- Familiar with SDLC. Analyze system/software requirements/designs/implementation and test plans/designs/procedures/cases/ results to ensure requirements have been addressed and software standards met.
- Assist in development of technical reference for the capabilities under analysis/test. Assist in defining/ analyzing/testing/verifying complex system/software projects, test programs, states of technology, and software development projects.
- Configure/execute static code analysis tools; analyze results for true positive issues.
- Analyze environment/process requirements, design/implement solutions (using supported IV&V development tools), and work with NASA to deploy across the Facility. Prepare risks/issues, presentations, reports, research, and othercontract deliverables.
- Participate/lead events/meetings involving staff/Government customers/visitors/VIPs. Analyze effectiveness/efficiency of NASA program procedures and processes, perform space domain special studies, and develop/recommend improvements as needed.
- Perform well in interactions with Government and othercontractors in a collaborative engineering working environment.
- Use/customize open source interactive development environments; background in object-based analysis/design; willing to learn new tools and produce innovative products. Knowledge of software architectures.
- Ensure software standards are met.
- Able to lead mid-size/large teams in technical tasks.
- Knowledge of UML and agile processes.
- Experience with V&V processes.
- Minimum of 9 years of experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, ElectricalEngineering, Computer Engineering, or other software-related engineering program. Minimum of 6 years with a M.S or 5 years with a PH.D. An additional 4 years of directly related experience in lieu of degree may be considered as well
- Working experience with all major aspects of the software development life cycle (requirements, design, implementation, and test)
- Excellent writing and communication skills are required, and ability to interact well in group meeting/working environments.
- Familiarity with software architecture, systems engineering, software integration, and verification and validation.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience and expertise with NASA, NOAA, or military programs involving spacecraft flight software including knowledge of spacecraft software domains such as Command & Data Handling, Telecommunications, Electrical Power Subsystem, Thermal Control Subsystem, SpaceWire (SpW) protocol, Fault Protection/FDIR, Autonomy, or Vehicle Health Management
- Experience in human space programs/space domain topics such as mission and spacecraft ground operations, launch operations/processes, propulsion, environmental control and life support systems, vehicle system management, software safety, and mission assurance;
- Is a self-starter who can work independently, but who also functions well in a team environment
- Is an excellent verbal and written communicator
- Maintains excellent rapport with all internal and external customers.