Patient Care Coordinator (PCC)
Great Lakes Caring understands that the value and quality of our care relies upon the ability and satisfaction of our employees. We prioritize patient care and employee satisfaction above corporate profitability. Because our core values underscore the foundation of our culture, we created I Am Great Lakes Caring to ensure that every employee embraces and is committed to our company's focus and mission.If you share our commitment to delivering superior quality care and loving where you work, then we invite you to join our team of compassionate professionals.
I am committed to quality. It is at the core of everything I do and every decision I make.
The Patient Care Coordinator (PCC) is a Sales/Business Development-based position that is primarily responsible for generating admissions in a designated territory. PCCs actively call on targeted accounts to promote the Great Lakes Caring service lines to generate referrals. Additionally, once a referral is secured, the PCC partners with Clinical Operations to convert the referral to an admission as necessary. This position interfaces with a wide range of medical professionals, as well as patients and families of patients, on a daily basis to drive business results.
My commitment will include:
- Thoroughly identifying the needs of referral sources, demonstrating a clear understanding of how referral sources make decisions and identifying decision-makers.
- Improving relationships between referral sources and Great Lakes Caring.
- Educating physicians, hospitals, skilled nursing and assisted living facilities, and adult foster cares regarding the regulations of the home health and hospice industry, Great Lakes Caring policies and our scope of service.
- Performing community informational service events.
- Delivering and picking up medical forms and records from physician offices and facilities, obtaining requested signatures, explaining documents and facilitating patient care communications.
- Informing physicians and facilities on patient summaries of care.
- Identifying and closing new business opportunities to meet established sales objectives within an assigned territory.
- Maintaining a regular presence in each account within the assigned territory, as needed.
- Serving as a liaison between Great Lakes Caring, physicians, facilities, hospitals and other referral sources in the community.
- Daily documentation, strategic goal-planning and problem-solving.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
- Experience: 3-5 years of successful medical salesexperience
- Skills: Requires proven leadership, strong interpersonal communication, self-motivated and ability to work independently as well as with teams. Demonstrates a high confidence level to interact with health care professionals at all levels. Competitive mindset to meet and exceed business objectives. Exceeds expectations and requirements of external customers. Skilled in conflict resolution.
- Transportation: Reliable transportation.
Job ID 2017-5136