Hastings Mutual has an opening within our Product Development team for a Product Manager. The individual in this role will analyze and recommend rates, rules, forms, and guidelines for existing products as well as new ones for an assigned product area. In addition, they will also ensure all existing Hastings Mutual product offerings comply with state statutes, current court decisions and other regulatory requirements.
Reporting to the Product Development Manager, this position will be based at our Hastings, Michigan corporate offices.
- Monitors and evaluates the competitive market and mix related to assigned product line(s).
- Researches, develops and recommends formal product proposals consisting of rating variable analysis, coverage comparisons, and rate indications.
- Accurately implements all product revisions including coordination with other departments on a timely basis.
- Prepares any necessary state filings.
- Partners and acts as a resource with other Hastings Mutual departments relative to Programming, Statistical Reporting, Claims and Underwriting for assigned product area.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Mathematics, Statistics, or Insurance Management. Advanced degree helpful.
- A minimum of 3-5 years Property and Casualty insurance industry experience.
- Above experience within Underwriting, Claims, Product Development or Marketing with rating and coverage form exposure may offset general education requirements.
- Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) designation, related certifications or Actuarial exams are a plus.
- Demonstrated excellent written, oral and presentation communication ability.
- Demonstrated math and statistical aptitude and knowledge.
- Effective time management, organization and teamwork ability.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.