Application Maintenance and Support - Web Services / Node.js
8 - 10 years experience • Manufacturing / Diversified
We offer the opportunity to work with Canada’s largest Information Technology Outsourcing and Management Consulting Company with a true global presence in a fast-paced and energetic atmosphere where your personal and professional growth is accelerated by your desire and sense of commitment. CGI’s continuous growth is a testament to the confidence clients place in them and to the dedication of their professionals. At CGI, all employees are called members because they feel a powerful sense of ownership and accountability.
Members at CGI are building their own company – in 100+ offices worldwide. CGI has the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for clients – and for members; that’s why an astounding 90 percent of them are CGI shareholders.
We're expanding our Financial Services Team in Atlantic Canada and we need your skills, enthusiasm, and dedication as part of our team.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The Web Services platform specialist will work as part of an ECM Platform Support Team and assist in providing a Shared Services Platform Support Services. The team will focus on building and maintaining theoverall platform & infrastructure for the Digitization Shared Service which includes FileNet, HP Exstream, Kofax and CMOD. This team will be required to maintain close relationships with infrastructure partners and vendor support teams. This team is accountable for SLA management, Availability Management, Capacity Management, Service Management, Product Management, Environment Management (Non-Prod) & Deployment Management.
• The Web Services platform specialist will act as a Technical Consultant, making Technical decisions on Change Management, Gating & Technical tasks that include spinning of Cloud servers
• Works in close partnership with business stakeholders and technology teams to provide critical services tothe shared services groups
• Participate in the establishment and delivery of an ECM Platform Support Services function that institute ITIL & DevOps principles to build a market leading application support & operational capability that meets all operational service level requirements (Availability, MTTR, etc)
• Work closely with vendors to align with their roadmaps to maintain N-1 or 2 platform currency and N-2 patch management currency based on platform needs
• Participate in establishing and delivering system administration processes to manage and maintain all database, code & configurations.
• Participate in establishing and delivery the Platform Support Services functional capability by creating a repeatable delivery process, establishing and managing re-usable services and ensuring "flawless" operations of services.
• Participate in the creation, delivery and maintenance of required documentation and deliverables for a shared services platform
• Participate in the BCM, DR, Back Up and Recovery Exercises for the platforms
• “Protect" the environments, platforms and infrastructure from all security, cyber and coding threats
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 8+ years of hands on experience with Java, J2EE
• Prior ECM Platform Management experience
• Expertise on scripting languages such as Java Script
• Expertise on Node.js
• Exposure to Databases such as Oracle, DB2
• Expert knowledge of software development life cycle and project management life cycles
• Ability to understand complex information, summarize and present in a clear, concise fashion to all levels oftechnology and business contacts
• Experience in knowledge management
• Highly proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project
• Strong customer service orientation and a professional approach; well-developed negotiation and influencing skills with the ability to manage conflicting points of view.
• Proven ability in developing good relationships with business partners; ability to interact appropriately and effectively with all levels within the organization.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively individually, with minimal supervision, with teams and remain flexible with shifting priorities
• A self-starter, able to prioritize tasks in mid-flight or start net new immediately
• At ease with senior management and able to facilitate meetings in a professional and efficient manner
• Excellent analytical, facilitation, influencing, negotiation, problem-resolution skills and consensus building skills
Nice to have Skills and Competencies:
• Cloud blue print development experience would be an asset
• Knowledge of DEVOPS and ITIL would be an asset
• A Bachelors or Masters University degree (Computer Science is preferred, although not a must)