As a Senior Manufacturing Process Engineer at NuVasive Manufacturing, each day will offer new challenges as you tackle a variety of responsibilities, including:
- Take ownership of project success for new and existing families of production.
- Coordinate cross-functional teams to execute and document the manufacturing launch of new/legacy products.
- Determine manufacturing processes required to accurately and efficiently make spinal implants, from raw material to final cleaning and shipment.
- Interface with Quality Engineering to determine critical manufacturing process and control characteristics.
- Develop and complete manufacturing documentation (pFMEA, control plan, process flow, work instructions, and inspection plans).
- Perform research, design, and development of manufacturing processes including production flow, assembly methods, and production equipment.
- Execute the Engineering Change Process for process updates and improvements.
- Perform product/process analysis and troubleshooting for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency.
- Design, develop, test, source, and cost-justify various tools, machinery, and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods.
- Coordinate and manage the estimating/quoting process.
- Lead design for manufacturability analysis with CNC Programmers and Quality Engineers, and provide input to Development (Design) Engineers.
- Support process validation by working with validation engineers to clarify methods, inputs, and outputs of processes or equipment.
- Implement, maintain, analyze and react to various production data logs.
- Participate in NCMR Process in containment, root cause analysis, and implementation of permanent corrective actions.
- Effectively communicate information, both formally and informally, such as data, methods, findings, and remediation recommendations at all levels within the organization and with key contacts.
- Effectively teach, train, and mentor others across all functions.
- Ability to effectively influence others, develop consensus, and create support throughout the organization.
- Apply active listening skills during all interactions.
- LeanSix Sigma Practitioner
- Proven ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Bachelor’s degree (BS); ideally in a technical engineering discipline.
- 5-10 years experience
- Proficient with Microsoft office
- Proven ability and fluency in Print Reading and GD&T, Statistical Process Control, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma
- Experience in 21 CFR 820 and/or ISO 13485 regulated environment
- Experience in a CNC manufacturing environment is preferred.