Job Description :
**Due to Department of Defense (DOD) contract requirements, the incumbent who fills this position must be a US citizen, and must also pass a background check.
This job takes the lead in providing more complex application development services typically as part of a project team or in an application support role in support of the Dental Solutions Application Portfolio. The incumbent analyzes, designs, codes, tests and implements more complex systematic solutions to meet customer requirements that adhere to Highmark IT standards and policies. Provides general support to maintain more complex applications that meet the service levels, system availability, performance and quality levels required by their customers. May mentor less experienced team members.
- Take a lead role for analyzing, designing, coding, testing and implementing more complex application enhancements, as well as providing general production support, meeting defined scope, target dates and budgets with minimal or no defects.
- Utilize and participate in the more complex full system development life cycle, per current Highmark SDLC standards.
- Take a lead role in collaborating with customers, business analysts, partners, and IT team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions.
- Concentrate on providing innovative solutions to more complex business needs.
- Take a lead role in providing required technical support, including release implementations, on-call and 24x7 supports when necessary.
- Perform work in compliance with all Highmark and Highmark IT standards, policies and procedures.
- Actively take a leading role and participate on project teams in various project roles, including, but not limited to, Developer, Technical Lead and Project Manager, based upon level of experience.
- Effectively communicate with team members, customers, partners and management, including assisting with or conducting more complex technical walk-throughs, reporting project status, enabling vendor solutions and providing accurate and concise documentation.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 6 years of Dental Solutions Application Portfolio (e.g., Concordia Claims Processing & RENO, Portal applications, UCD billing, etc.) experience may be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree (in addition to otherrequiredexperience)
- 5 - 7 years of experience in Information Technology
- Problem solving, root cause analysis, and issue resolution
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Experience in Healthcare or Health Insurance Industry
- Experience with technology platforms, application development tools, business
- processes, software development life cycle used by Highmark enterprise