BDO’s Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
BDO is a dynamic and rapidly growing firm and is one of the largest assurance, tax and advisory organizations in the world. We believe that exceptional client service begins and ends with exceptional regard for our people. So, we don’t just hire individuals with exceptional skills and talent, we provide them with the environment and opportunities to develop and grow as professionals, and a culture rooted in the core purpose of helping people thrive every day.
We’re expanding our Business Development team to help fuel the continued growth of our new integrated cloud-based financial management and accounting service, BDODrive. The Business Development Director is responsible for qualifying and developing new business and relationships combining a solution salesorientation with relationship development in a professional services context. You will work with the practice leaders and in collaboration with marketing to drive revenue through the development and execution of a planned sales strategy and annual plans for designated markets.
- High school diploma or equivalent, required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or other related field with five (5) or more years of business development or sales experience in an outsourcing, technology or business services industry OR seven (7) or more years of business development or sales experience in outsourcing, technology or business services industry required
- Experience working in a B2B inside direct sales role required
- Experience developing business relationships with a variety of stakeholders ranging from accounting and finance directors to C-level executives (CEOs, CFOs, Board of directors, etc.) as well as referral sources (associations, other service providers such as attorneys, bankers, etc.), preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, required
- Proficiency with client relationship management (CRM) software, specifically updating, maintenance and list generation, required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Dynamics or Salesforce.com, preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Expert knowledge in the development and execution of sales and BD planning, lead generation, pipeline management, account planning, sales strategy and development
- Capable of understanding the compensation incentive plan with the ability to achieve revenue goals
- Capable of understanding the Business Development (BD) metrics with the ability to achieve metric goals
- Ability to thoughtfully and positively influence, lead and manage change
- Capable of leading and managing a local team to accomplish desired results
- Strong business and financial acumen with an ability to understand and communicate BDO's business, marketplace and value proposition
- Strong client relations management skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Capable of working in a demanding, deadline-driven environment while handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication as well as presentation skills
- Ability to travel, as needed