Staff Systems EngineerMoog’s Aircraft Group (AG) has been offering Superior Engineering and Advanced Technologies to the Commercial Aircraft Market for over six decades. Bill Moog’s invention enabled the technology for Fly-by-Wire flight controls used in today’s modern aircraft. Today Moog offers integrated flight control solutions, actuation control systems, and product based solutions for much of the commercial aircraft market, both here in the US and Globally.
As a Staff System Engineer in Moog’s Aircraft Group (AG), you are responsible for developing the architecture for the effectiveness of the system level technical solution created to support the customer’s needs. This will include determining the physical properties of the systems that are critical to satisfying the customer’s needs and concerns, building physics based performance models of the system and exercising the models over the entire operational environment, creation of the requirements baselines for the project and leading system level integration and test. The Staff System Engineer will also participate in the strategic side of the business by developing product platforms, new integration and test methodologies as well and participation in the business unit strategy development and technology roadmaps..
Here’s what you’ll work on:
· Lead the systematic capture, development and documentation of fully verifiable requirements into a total systems solutions that acknowledges technical, schedule, and cost constraints through consulting with customers, staff and sales personnel.
· Lead the functional analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications. Effectively communicate these internal design requirements to the other members of the design team.
· Innovate new ways to model systems to support trade studies and solution architectures with customers during early business development efforts.
· Create detailed Verification and Validation plans and procedures for the testing of systems. Investigate and create new test methods and approaches.
• Lead any system level integration and test including any system anomalies investigations.
• Create concise reports and proposal write-ups that describe the design decisions and analysis results.
• Lead the preparation of successful proposals. Contributions to include coordination and leadership of the technical team, system level architecture, technical/product strategy and technology utilization and the implementation of technologies and products from across the many Moog business units and operating groups.
• Lead the evaluation and assessment of new markets, products or technologies in collaboration with Moog Business Unit or Business Sector personnel and customers.
• Develop new product platform designs for each business unit sectors. These platforms can support current market positions or create new market opportunities.
These are the skills you’ll bring with you:
· Bachelor of Science or Masters of Science Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Software or Systems Engineering
· 10 years of progressive experience in the field of System Engineering is preferred.
· Proven general capabilities/competencies in Building Strategic Working Relationships, Planning and Organizing, Customer Focus.
· Proven specific capabilities/competencies in Requirements Management, Verification and Validation Methods, Control System Design Integration and Test.