Develops and/or improves manufacturing processes of assembly and test of gas turbines. In addition, improves suppliers' manufacturing processes (machining, casting, sheet metal, special processes) to reduce cost, improve yield, improve quality and or reduce production times. Must maintain ability and certification to assemble APUs as a back-up.
• Creation and maintenance of manufacturing process plans, including all fixtures and gauges associated with such plans.
• Develop and maintain Job Instruction Sheets (JIS) for all products.
• Assure essential assembly equipment is kept operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services. Responsible for Preventative Maintenance Planning and execution - following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures, as well as requesting special services as needed.
• Technical liaison with the supplier base for APU components. Participate in design process and reviews to assure ability to produce components. Also engage in configuration management and FAI processes to assure compliance to manufacturing requirements.
• Provide leadership in resolution of supplier quality issues. Initiate root cause analysis and ensure adequate supplier corrective action plan, execution and verification.
• Work with the company network if necessary to solve technical/quality issues.
• In case of resourcing or new product introduction, support the buyer and the suppliers to assure effective industrialization plans.
• Review all new and revised engineering drawings to assure manufacturability.
• Continuously search for cost reduction opportunities supporting the business' design to cost objectives.
5% to 10%
Candidate skills & requirements
• 8-10 years of experience as a Manufacturing Engineer (knowledge/expertise expected in Machining, Casting, Sheet Metal Forming and Special processes).
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent combination of technical schooling and work experience.
• Experience in the Aerospace Industry.
• Demonstrated ability to read and interpret Engineering drawings and manufacturing instructions.
• Must be willing to travel to meet suppliers and customers as required.