We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
We are looking for a dynamic, resourceful Finance professional to lead our four person Advisor Services finance team. This leader will be responsible for the hiring and development of that team and their overall work product.
The Advisor Services department is part of the Finance Organization. The department prepares and distributes various internal and external financial/client metric reports to support the decision making of the Advisor Services business. The group also provides detailed analytics around Net New Assets, Client Benefits, and overall P&L performance.
What you’ll do:
- Review and distribution of external and internal financial/client metrics reports and presentations.
- Provide support and guidance for Advisor Services business partners.
- Monitor, perform, and implement validation procedures to ensure the accuracy, integrity and high quality of financial/client metric information while meeting time deadlines.
- Lead and manage multiple projects involving metric definitions and methodologies, systems, and impacts of business changes.
- Work closely with business partners to understand and analyze current business activities and changes, including technology partners to develop and re-engineer report processes and outputs.
- Identify and research metric and reporting issues and formulate/document and present findings to business partners and management.
- Assist with ad hoc requests.
What you have:
- BA/ BS degree with 10+ years related experience; graduate degree preferred
- Strong leadership abilities and excellent interpersonal skills
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in management and financial reporting and financial analysis; corporate accounting and audit experience is a plus.
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical, organizational and project management skills.
- Brokerage and/or financial services industry experience is preferred.
- Strong current understanding of corporate finance, accounting, internal controls, and financial reporting and planning principles and concepts.
- Ability to quickly analyze issues, document, and present resolutions in a clear and concise manner.
- Constructively challenges existing processes to improve efficiency, automation, and decision making.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Adobe Acrobat, and Business Objects. Strong at building and maintaining effective working relationships at all levels.
- Effective interpersonal skills with a proven capability to make contributions to teams and initiatives.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life