About our Business:
The Card Services business at Fiserv provides complete debit, credit, prepaid and ATM payment services to financial institutions as well as Accel®, a premier payments network. Our products, services and strategies allow our clients to maximize revenue, increase customer acquisition, improve retention, reduce expense, minimize risk and increase share of wallet.
About The Role
As a Manager, HR, you are responsible for strengthening the Talent Quotient within the client group by establishing leader led practices inspiring others to stretch and challenge themselves to contribute in ways they might not otherwise think possible; investing time and energy in the development of leadership talent and bench strength that creates value for Fiserv; providing direct and constructive feedback that pushes others to develop their leadership skills.
The HR Manager must be Strategy Focused developing a reputation for being a “trusted advisor” who understands business drivers and leverages engagement drivers; ensuring performance objectives are cascaded and that leaders are conveying to individuals their contributions toward the business’ strategic imperatives and establishing personal goals that drive the Corporate HR and Business Unit (client) priorities concurrently.
The HR Manager will be Results Oriented taking action to effectively and efficiently implement leader led change within the business; delivering on commitments in an accurate and timely manner and collaborating withothers to achieve best possible outcome.
VP Human Resources, Card Services
- Partners with senior leaders, managers and front line supervisors to identify, prioritize, and build organizational capabilities.
- Drives leader led ownership of performance and talent management, associate engagement and individual development.
- Demonstrates Fiserv’s Leadership Expectations and Lives our Values. Inspires others to achieve excellence and deliver on the promise of One Fiserv.
- Initiates workforce analysis and organization design activities with business leaders to ensure structure and staffing are proactively managed to meet short and long term business goals and desired turnover is achieved.
- Ensures change management activities within the business that have associate impact are managed in a timely, professional and lawful manner and that communications regarding change are clear, concise and consistent.
- Ensures core HR processes (e.g., performance, talent reviews, compensation, talent acquisition, etc.) are clearly communicated and understood by managers and associates within assigned client groups.
- Recommends process improvements or changes that will improve the effectiveness and/or efficiency of operations.
- Builds relationships with Corporate HR and other Field HR colleagues to create learning opportunities and share best practices.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or a related field, required.
- Master’s degree desirable
- Five (5) years of progressive HR responsibility and experience
- Industry: Experienceworking with the technology sector where development is a key component of the service profit chain.
- Building Businesses: Demonstrated track-record of helping people managers identify and recruit talent that has contributed to growing the business or firm.
- Change Leadership: A history of personally influencing behavioral and philosophical change among business leaders.
- Self-Sufficient: Able to leverage support groups to scale execution but also able to personally develop practical tactical tools and templates when the need arises.
- Ownership: Experience and confidence to take ownership for the full impact of human resources delivery.
- Relationship Building: Successfully builds strong working relationships from a geographical distance.
- Human Resources Knowledge: Broadly skilled in a variety of human resources disciplines with a vertical specialization and a track record of applying insight to improve business results.
- Detail Orientation: An ability and confidence to process high volume of work while maintaining an eye for the detail required that eliminates rework.
- Talent Management: Experience in hiring talent, building succession pipelines, assessing and (re)designing org structures, coaching on performance management, and working with Managers to identify develop opportunities for their talent
- Agility: Ability to deal with ambiguity, tight timelines, multiple priorities, and demanding environments. Thrives in a fast-moving, constantly changing environment.
- Experience in both corporate and field HR roles is a plus
- Experiencesupporting an Account Management / Sales organization desired.
- 15% travel for planned team meetings and otherevents