Manager of HR Reporting and Analysis
The Manager of HR Reporting and Analysis is responsible for managing the backend payroll analysis and reporting activities of our organization.
The supervisor will partner with Plant personnel, Human Resources, Finance, Tax and the Accounting departments to ensure that proper payroll accounting and reporting is efficient and accurate while maintaining UFP Policy and values.
Principal Duties / Responsibilities:
- Partners with HR Administration Manager to enhance and improve efficiencies in overall payroll processing and reporting.
- Partners with Tax, Finance, Treasury and Plant personnel with analysis of payroll inquiries.
- Provide challenging project and growth opportunities for staff.
- Manages the withholding and unemployment tax compliance, including monthly, quarterly and annual tax filings and registrations.
- Manages the daily payroll accounting and reconciliation processes.
- Manages the administration of the National Sales Incentive, including the weekly accrual and monthly reconciliation process.
- Manages the employee garnishment and support order processing.
- Manages company unemployment benefits claims process in partnership with vendor provided services.
- Manages the weekly labor accruals, including benefits, personal time and vacation accruals.
- Manages the intercompany labor billings process.
- Ensures the 401K program is reconciled to payroll and funded to trust.
- Ensures the deferred comp programs are reconciled to payroll and funded to trust.
- Ensures the proper taxation and accounting of the Executive Retirement plans.
- Ensures proper reporting of quarterly, semi-annual and annual workers compensation audits as required.
- Ensures the medical HSA program is reconciled to payroll and funded to trust.
- Ensures the proper taxation of company provided employee fringe benefits.
- Processes the calculations, accruals and distribution spreadsheets for the Annual Bonus programs.
- Processes the calculations, accruals and reporting for the Salaried Incentive Unit program.
- Assists the SR Manager of HR with internal and external auditors to ensure we are meeting internal control requirements.
- Assists Sr. HR Manager with gathering, verifying, and submitting HR information to UFP's independent auditors/third party on an as needed basis.
- Assists with the Sarbanes Oxley controls for HR and payroll administration, reconciliation and HRIS systems.
- Project Management as they are assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in business, Accounting, Finance, HR or equivalent experience.
- Minimum five year's Payroll/Reporting/Accounting/Tax experience required.
- 3-5 years of management experience preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of payroll, accounting and tax.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office including Access, Excel and Word.
- Working knowledge of functionality of complex payroll/HR software and outsourced database solutions.
- Experience with UFP organization, and culture is strongly preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in the use of the English language in reading, writing and speaking
- Strong communication skills, written and oral
- Ability to successfully interact with all organizational levels and the public
- Ability to work in an environment of growth and continuous improvement
- Ability to manage several activities/projects at once, to organize and prioritize work, and to meet deadlines
- Ability to be mobile in the work environment, and travel as required.
- Ability to pass a drug test
- Self-starter; works well under little supervision
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic
- Assertive and persuasive
- Good reasoning and sound judgment
- Highly empathetic to employee issues while enforcing sound business principles
- Discretion in handling confidential information
- Understands, embraces and promotes Company culture.
Manager of HR Reporting and Analysis #200-6829.