Associate / Senior Associate, Disputes and Investigations
Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) is a global professional services firm specializing in turnaround and interim management, performance improvement and business advisory services. A&M delivers specialist operational, consulting and industry expertise to management and investors seeking to accelerate performance, overcome challenges and maximize value across the corporate and investment lifecycles. Founded in 1983, the firm is known for its distinctive restructuring heritage, hands-on approach and relentless focus on execution and results.
A&M's Disputes and Investigations practice has set a new standard for bringing a practical, results-oriented approach to solving problems related to business investigations, complex disputes and regulatory interventions. From the boardroom to the courtroom, the firm delivers a wide array of solutions to contentious situations by drawing on the deep skills, diverse disciplines and experiences of its professionals who offer a unique ability to articulate complex findings in a clear and meaningful manner.
Alvarez & Marsal’s Disputes and Investigations practice is seeking an Associate/Senior Associate for its team in Houston.
- Perform initial analyses and provide summary of accounting, finance, economic issues in the context of business transactions
- Review documents to identify items relevant to an investigation or dispute consulting matter
- Assist with compiling, analyzing, and documenting facts for matters under investigation or in litigation
- Create financial models based on business issues or transactions being analyzed
- Assist with drafting reports and findings including the preparation of tables, exhibits, and charts
- Assist with researching technical and industry specific issues
- Balance multiple client projects and otherresponsibilities
- Communicate effectively to all levels of engagement management
- Bachelor’s degree in finance (preferred), accounting, economics or other business-related field
- Masters degree in Finance or MBA preferred
- CFA certification preferred
- 2+ years of experience in Big 4 and/or a forensic and dispute consulting practice in a professional services firm
- Litigation experiencepreferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong financial modeling, analytical and research skills
- Strong problem-solving and judgement
- Foreign language proficiency preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication