Our client, a thriving Real Estate Development Company, is currently seeking an experienced Director of Real Estate Development – Project Management for Multi-family properties in the greater Richmond, VA area.
As Director of Real Estate Development – Project Management for Multi-family you will…
- Identify and analyze potential multi-family properties to purchase, coordinate due diligence activities, analyze rental sub-market and assist in property acquisitions.
- Oversee construction of the project, manage construction managers and monitor investor and lender relations.
- Manage project tasks for property acquisition, pro-forma, financial analysis, project design, project debt and equity financing, loan closing, lease-up and stabilization.
- Generate project reports and analysis.
- Prepare and maintain project budgets and schedules.
- Review and approve project design for quality and conformance to standards.
- Prepare debt and equity financing applications for projects, review draft loan and partnership documents.
- Prepare Request for Proposals and quarterly project updates for Board members.
Summary of requirements for Director of Real Estate Development - Project Management for Multi-family:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Construction, Engineering, Finance, Architecture, or related discipline. MBA, MS or MCP preferred.
- Must have 5+ years of multi-family development experience with at least 4 years of affordable rental housing experience.
- Prior experience and knowledge of the construction process and all aspects of the real estate development process to include, acquisition and financing through design and construction.
- Must have 3+ years of experience with tax exempt bond financing, Federal Low Income Housing Tax Credit Program and FHA mortgage products.
- Knowledge of public financing and real estate development regulations and familiarity of land use.
- Demonstrated experience with multi-layered real estate financing.
- Prior experience managing multiple projects simultaneously and shifting priorities.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast pace and team-oriented environment.
- Self-driven, highly motivated, excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, negotiation, decision making, and problem solving skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite to include, Word, Outlook, Project, Excel and PowerPoint.