Chief Financial Officer
Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant and their financial partner, A&M Capital Opportunities are hiring a Chief Financial Officer for the company.
This individual will bring additional structure, financial and operational excellence, and process to the Company, and work closely with the CEO to grow the Company.
Through the exceptional and proven skills of pace, precision and influence, the Chief Financial Officer will be responsible for:
- Partnering with the CEO and the executive team to build, develop, and execute financial and accounting strategies / processes and systems that effectively meet, support and enhance the Company’s objectives;
- All general accounting and financial management;
- Monthly reporting of financial statements and covenant compliance with banks, closing the consolidated books on a monthly and annual basis, and quarterly bank reporting;
- Driving a transformational change within the financial function with proper balance between transaction focused and forward looking financial leadership, guidance and support;
- Leading the monthly, quarterly and annual forecasting and closing processes;
- Serving as primary liaison with all otherfinancial accounting matters;
- Partnering with the Director of Real Estate to assess new sites, including returns analyses and negotiating financing and lease terms;
- Developing timely, meaningful reporting tools that serve to support, measure and ensure positive performance; coordinate reporting requirements very closely with AMCO and the Board;
- Coordinating the preparation of monthly financialreports, including consolidatingfinancial statements and cash flow statements into US GAAP;
- Maintaining open communications with all levels of executives to assess the needs of their departments within Corporate and help them accomplish business objectives by recommending solutions and measures;
- Active monitoring and managing the Company’s working capital accounts;
- Overseeing the development of new and enhanced management reporting capabilities; including dashboards and other meaningful operating financialreports;
- Providing oversight and guidance with regard to research and compliance of technical accounting matters;
- Ensuring an effective internal control environment is maintained;
- Proactively leading the development and implementation of Corporate audit requirements including internal control policies, procedures, programs, and practices that are aligned with business objectives; supporting the continued transformation of the business while being in compliance with all regulatory requirements;
- Actively leading the Company’s IT department;
- Advising management on the appropriate resolution of audit findings and the development and implementation of procedures which ensure the proper internal controls are in place to support the business;
- Overseeing risk management and inventory control systems;
- Managing outside vendor relationships and contracts, such as insurance coverage;
- Managing liquidity (cash and revolver availability), including collections and forecasting.
Iron Hill is an upscale casual brewpub chain featuring award winning craft beer and from scratch cooking. It was founded in 1996 in Newark, Delaware by two home brewers, Kevin Finn and Mark Edelson, and Kevin Davies, an experienced professional in restaurant operations. The Company has grown to 12 units serving DE, PA, and NJ, with the majority in the suburban Philadelphia area.
In early 2016, AMCO invested in the business to support the management team in continuing to grow and expand the business both organically and through new store openings.