WHAT WE NEED
Engineer leaders focused on safe patient care
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
High quality patient care depends on many factors, not the least of which is proper use of equipment, personnel and treatment techniques. Our Director of Engineer Facility is responsible for overseeing and directing programs involving Engineering Services. Planning, procedure management, preventative maintenance, and construction and repairs are all key responsibilities in this important position.
Are you a great leader? Do you have experience making safe, sound decisions? Are you able to effectively train others? Are you productive with your time? We’d like to learn more about you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Develop objectives for the division based on the goals and objectives, in conjunction with the Vice President.
- Review existing services and develops new services in conformity with division objectives.
- Develops annual budget for the division in accordance with procedures.
- Formulate procedures to implement division and/or departmental objectives and to respond to external standards.
- Participate in planning institutional procedures.
- Assist in the maintenance of equipment in a safe and satisfactory working order by reporting defects or deficiencies as they arise; ensures proper repairs are performed.
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of the area by reporting spills and lack of cleaning of equipment, furniture or facilities.
- Administer and direct Engineering program that includes: physical plant, designated utility systems, and other related equipment and systems.
- Maintain an appropriate preventative maintenance program for these systems and equipment.
- Evaluate and provide recommendations per purchasing policy to Administration and department/division directors to assist in the selection, utilization, acquisition, and support of equipment or systems.
- Estimate costs of repairs, approves work orders and advises Administration of major repairs needed.
- Supervise emergency and major repairs.
- Oversee minor remodeling projects; coordinates with Vice President and the architect on planning major construction.
- Manage grounds keeping services.
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
- Comply with applicable national, state, and local code requirements.
- Familiarity with building and engineering systems and maintenance techniques.
- Familiarity with various mechanical and electronic equipment.
- Understanding of engineering specifications, cost computations, and regulations.
- Evaluate service requests and determine appropriate action.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
5-10 Years Experience